Fair warning, I just need to vent on this topic. Normally I avoid these things like the plague, haven't been to one in years. But my neighbor asked me to a jewelry one she was having and I just adore her so I didn't want to say no.

First of all, the sales woman wanted us to play all these stupid games. Why is it that when a group of women get together for some kind of party it's a requirement to throw all dignity out the window and play stupid games? Huge apologies to anyone who enjoys them, not judging you! I just don't understand it.

Second, the jewelry was very cute but horribly overpriced. All costume, no genuine stones or metals, but several pieces were priced well over $100. I could get my sister a nice turquoise and silver piece for that amount.

Third, the woman was charging a flat shipping rate, so I had to pay nearly $5 shipping for a tiny pair of earrings I bought. THEN she charged tax on the shipping! Technically, that's legal in this state, but NOBODY does it. It reminded me of when I went to a food home sales show and the woman there charged me shipping even though she was HANDING me the products! If I weren't the guests of friends both times I would have not gone through with the purchases, which I guess is what they're counting on.

Anyway, I just wanted to complain. Thanks!