We left San Antonio a little later than I wanted to but still made it through Houston without all the rush hour traffic.

The drive was long but pretty. It was a more stressful drive. I don't like driving big cities that I don't know.

We made it to Lake Charles, Louisiana. Cute little town. Although Mr. GPS took us on a goose chase. Finally found the Motel 6 and checked in. Got our room and used the bathroom..... UGH The toilet didn't flush, and some one was smoking outside our room. Made a quick stop at the lobby and had my room switched. It is a better location with the h/c parking in front of the room.

This driving is making me so tired and I will only be doing a short drive tomorrow. Only going just past Baton Rough into Slidell. It may take longer, but the longer rides are a killer for me.

You all know how I just love bridges, well I was suprised with one today... the Lake Charles bridge. That bridge was a monster. I just kept looking down at the car in front of me. I guess if I could do that one the Mississippi River will not be so bad.

I really wish I had more time to sightsee in the areas we are traveling through.

I can't believe we left almost a week ago.