We have a trip to Disney World coming up in a few months. There are four of us -- two adults and kids ages 3 and 11 months. We were originally planning on driving, which is a two day trip for us. We've done it two times in the past with the 3 year old and it went well, but it was just very long. So, we've been considering flying for the upcoming trip.

The problem I'm seeing is the logistics of packing. We're staying offsite in a condo, so we need to bring some more stuff than if we'd stay onsite. The extra things we're looking at bringing (in addition to 2 or 3 suitcases) are 1 stroller, 2 car seats, and a pack & play. We do not see ourselves using the car seats on the plane, so we'd be checking them.

My question is... how would this work with flying? Does each piece count as a checked item? Are the airlines pretty good about taking care of this kind of stuff? I've seen the damage they can do to a suitcase, so I fear what might be done to a stroller, car seat, or pack & play where there are attached (but loose) items and they're not really packaged for transport.

For what it's worth, we're looking at flying Frontier Airlines.

I'd really love to hear from anyone who has any insight on this or may have even flown with this kind of stuff in the past. Thanks in advance for any responses!