I was writing this to post on the “Be Our Guest Menu” thread and how many posters didn’t like the menu. The dinner menu did seem more Epcot than MK. I started replying and I realized I got a bit off topic, so I decided to post this separately.

I just looked at the kids menu (lunch) and now I see why kids and parents might not be too enthused: whole wheat macaroni with marinara (where's the cheese?), pulled pork (they mean sandwich, right?) with sautéed green beans (Eeew!) and mashed sweet potatoes (mom, why are they orange?), turkey meatloaf (Eeew again) with broccoli and zucchini (Vegetables!!!), seared Mahi Mahi (does "seared" mean breaded and shaped like a stick?) with finger salad (Made with real fingers?) and peach applesauce (Dad, why don't they make their applesauce with apples?) and, my favorite, carrot catsup (Eeew!/Why is it yellow?/Vegetables!/Why don't they make their catsup with tomatoes?). It seems a lot healthier than other choices at the MK.

The adult menu (lunch), on the other hand, features a steak sandwich and the Croque Monsieur, a fried sandwich covered in cheese and a white sauce, both served with fries! Woohoo! It also has an adult version of the pulled pork entree and some other interesting stuff. Nowadays I'm trying to eat more fruits and vegetables, a bit less meat, less white rice and white potatoes. It almost makes me want to order off of the kids menu: smaller portions no Pommes Frites, etc.

After a couple of looks, I'm starting to like the menu. I would be interested to actually see and taste the plated product. Will I go? Probably not. Why? It sounds like I'll be surrounded by tables and tables of families who don't like the menu. Whenever there is something new at Disney we all have to at least try it. I think people will flock to Be Our Guest not for the food, but because it is new and shiny.

As a childless adult I love seeing healthier dining options for kids on menus. Since I'm not a parent I can't fully appreciate the challenges parents face trying to get their young children to eat healthier (or at least a greater variety of) foods. I know whatever my parents tried, it didn't work with me.

I think WDW is primarily for kids and families and I love it when I see others smiling and having a good time. What I can't stand is families sad, angry or pouting at a table because there's no burgers, mac 'n cheese or chicken nuggets on the menu to keep them happy.

It will be interesting to see how the menu evolves and if the restaurant is a success.