I was one of those people who wondered how the recent enforcement of the Fastpass window would affect touring the parks. And wouldn't you know, a scenario that I mentioned happened to my son and I last week! We went into DHS for Extra Magic Hours and straight to Toy Story Mania, only to find that it was down. So we got in the Fastpass line but by the time we got up to the machine the return time almost exactly coincided with our ADR time at Sci-Fi Diner (Fastpass return time 1245, ADR for 1255). So we had to think fast--do we take the Fastpass and try to hit the ride up first and hope that our ADR will be honored when we are done? Or do we try to check in a bit early for our ADR and still make the Fast pass return time? Or should we wait around and go through the Fastpass distribution line again and get a later time (not a thrilling idea since we had planned to head over to Magic Kingdom right after our lunch at Sci-Fi). We opted to talk the Fastpass and try and check in early for lunch. In actuality we got seated 15 minutes late even as dozens of walk-ups were being told that there was an 1 to 1-1/2 hour wait. We told our server that we were kind of in a rush and she was able to get us out of there in time to make the 15 minutes' grace time at TSMM, but it made for a rather hectic hour. If the ride had not been down to begin with we probably would have just forgone the Fastpass and gotten in the standby line. But the Fastpass was our only opportunity to go on the ride this trip.

I do not want to start a debate over the Fastpass window enforcement. I just found it ironic that the exact scenario I mentioned on the boards would happen to my son and I.