This has been a huge move for us from Amish country, PA to the Charleston, SC area. So far, things have gone smoothly. We are learning our way around and my husband is liking his new job.

Just today, I got new auto insurance so that we can register our vehicles in the state. But, as I'm researching where to go and how to do this, I get more and more confused and frustrated.

I have to first go to the county auditor to get a tax bill based on the amount my vehicles are worth.

Then, go to the county tax treasurer to pay my tax bill.

Then, I go to the DMV to register my vehicle.

In order to register my vehicle, I have to bring every form possible to prove who I am and where I now live. As well as fill out numerous forms. So much for going green!

Then, to get my license, I have to bring my birth certificate, marriage license, SS card and previous states license to prove that I am who I say I am.

And then I'm sure I will have missed something and have to return at another time.

I feel like the people on that A&E show about the Philly Parking Wars or something like that!

UGH! Any advice or instructions for making sure I get the steps done in the correct order?