We went to Legoland on Oct 21 for the first time.
Our overall impression was positive and we do plan on a return visit. My children (daughter-3 and son- almost 6) loved it.

When reading my opinions, please keep in mind that the park has only been open 1 week. I am sure some things will change. Also we only visited for 6 1/2 hours and saw about 1/2 the attractions and no shows. Okay, on to the opinions.

Legoland is marketed to the 2-12 age group. However unless your 2 year old (and perhaps even your 3 or 4 year old is quite tall), there will be very few rides, a shorter child can go on. Unlike Disney even non thrill rides have height limits.

Looking at the height list restrictions (if I got them all)

4 rides require a height of 34"
8 rides require a height of 36"
3 rides require a height of 40"
1 ride requires a height of 42"
1 ride requires a height of 44"

In addition, there is a height required to ride without a responsible person over another height. Only 3 rides let a 36" child ride alone.

2 rides require an additional 42" rider
10 rides require an additional 48" rider
2 rides require an additional 52" rider

There are 2 rides - the carousel and the Island in the Sky that only require the accompaniment of a rider 48" or above.

The Ford Driving School (6-13) and Ford Jr Driving School (3-5) only have age limits.

My daughter is 40" and my son is 48", so we did not have any issues, but if you have smaller children who are not content with play grounds or shows, this could be an issue.

In the higher end of the age range, there are 4 roller coasters and one more exciting water ride. A lot of the other rides are mellow, so if yow have an older child who likes excitement or is not a huge Lego fan this may not be the park for them.