Thinking about a trip to WDW for early May with my DH and 6.5 year old DD. We have been to Disney about once a year for the past 15 and so have lots of experience but I am coming across a new one that I can use some advice on.

My DD is a darling girl and acts about her age - meaning she is not all Hanna Montanaed-out, blinged, pop-music but she is right on that edge and recently has been making comments about "you know at Disney World, Ariel (or fill in name) is not really Ariel, she is just a person dressed like Ariel. At the Ariel show at MGM/HS, she is a theater actress. That really isn't Tigger, it is just someone dressed up in a suit, Tinkerbell, King Louie etc." You get the idea.

I am struggling with what to tell her. A part of me wants to keep living the fantasy (heck, I do at 44 but she is starting to know better and I wonder if that will confuse her further. Hard to see them grow up and lose that wonder and believability but I am sure she hears all sorts of things about the characters at school etc.

I recall when DD was five and we were waiting in line for Ariel at the Grotto and we got talking to a family with a DD of 7 and the Mom said, enjoy it now because in a year, she will be over it.

Have any of you had a similar experience and how did you handle it?