Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
If only everything was connected by monorail and peoplemovers like Walt intended.

Just to make sure I follow along properly...

Disney should charge guests to park simply because they can? Also, they should decrease the quality of the offering at Value resorts because it is starting from a lower level of service already?
Yep...

That's the general idea, and I think it's not beyond comprehension that Disney would do this. I would actually be surprised if it's not already under active discussion.

The reality is, there's curerntly not much difference between a Deluxe resort stay and a value stay in essence. Besides outward appearances and the sheer number of rooms is there that much of a difference? Really, you have a bed, transportation to the parks, a pool, etc... Yes, there are differences in themeing, etc, but enough to really justify and expect to charge 4 or 5 times more for stay at GF vs Pop? Enough people are not willing to pay the difference.

If they started differentiating them with real "value", like the dining plan, parking perks, even fastpass distributions, etc, you hae a real reason to chrge more. I know I'd pay for the ability to get more fastpasses.

It really not out of the realm of possibility!

The build of the resorts even supports this, with values having CS locations and the deluxes having mostly TS eateries. Providing a dining plan the fits where you are staying actually makes sense.

In the real world, money talks, why not Disney World?