Hey gang!
Well I got some odd news today and it has sparked some changes in our upcomming (may 2011) disney plans. We were going to stay at POR and do the Dining plan and Magical express and all that. But here is where things get interesting. I am active duty Army and just found out that I got picked by name for a short deployment to Afganistan. Its honestly not a huge deal to me, only 4-6 months. Of course it is kinda upsetting the wife but thats beside the point. Anyway I called my sister and let her know what was going on and 30 mins later she called back and said she had something for us. They own timeshares and it seems they can use DVC properties. So she is giving me a week of DVC whenever we want. I am leaning toward BLT but i want to do more research before we decide.
My questions though are this:
1 Can you still do Magical express with the DVC rooms?
2. Can you do the Dining plan with DVC rooms or does it only work for resort folks?
3. What DVC villa would you choose and why? We were going with a moderate resort for financial reasons but since this is points from my sister.....
4. I read that if you want daily mouskeeping you have to pay for it, any one know how much for a week? And if you pay for it should you still tip? (yes i know tipping is a personal prefference but we would have tipped before when it was included in the room cost)
5. Insert advice here, I know ZERO about a DVC villa.

Thanks folks
Jim