We have Reservations for Kona next week during our trip for 7 people. 3 of those 7 people are my family that live in Kissimmee (we're meeting up to have dinner together). When I made the reservation, they told me that we would be split into 2 tables and that it is essentially 2 reservations. I explained the situation (how we're having dinner to see my family) and she said it didn't matter. I asked if the tables could be next to each other and she said she couldn't give me an answer or guarantee for that. She said if someone cancels their Reservations at the last minute we might be able to sit at a table near each other, but otherwise no.

I've only made dinner Reservations at Disney once before and not for such a large group...is this normal? Are we really going to be seated away from each other? Should I just cancel my reservations and eat off property (I could go for some Wing Alley or The Catfish Place!)? If we arrive really early and request tables near each other and are willing to wait, do you think they'll accommodate us?