So at the 11 month mark I called to book my Magic Kingdom view room at Bay Lake tower for the last two weeks in September of 2010. I was SO excited until I found out recently that the Food & Wine Festival of 2010 doesn't start until October 1st!! What's up with that?? It usually starts the last week in September and that's why we chose those dates. We're scheduled to leave on October 1st so we won't even get one day at F&W. I'm having a terrible time deciding what to do. Can all of you who are Disney experts help me out? Here are my scenarios:

1. Keep the dates as is - the downside is that we won't be able to go to F&W, and we'll be going with the Free Dining crowds.

2. Change the dates to mid-October - the downside is that we want to go for two weeks, so any way you slice it we'll be there for some kind of holiday. Columbus Day is in the middle of the month and then there's Halloween.

3. Change the dates to the last week in October and the first week of November - the downside is we'll be there for Halloween, so I'm not sure how the crowds will be. Also, Veterens Day is November 11th so i'm not sure if the week before that will be affected or not. Lastly, one of DD's favorite things to do at WDW is swim in the pool. I've never been to WDW in November so I dont' know if it will be warm enough to swim.

Question - When do all the lights and decorations go up for Christmas? We've never been to WDW during the holidays so if we go the first week of November, would we see the castle lit up as well as the Osbourne lights?

Which time do you think would be the most crowded? Last two weeks of September, mid-October or last week of October/first week of November?

I need to decide ASAP so I can contact Member Services and change my plans. Please help!!!