I'm depressed. This latest news article about wanting to cut summer break. If anything I've been wanting it extended till after labor day.

There's just not enough time for kids to be kids anymore. I guess I'm going to have to write my congressman. I guess I'm just posting because I feel like I've lost so much control over what I want for my son and I'm really

I just can't imagine 307 million people trying to fit summer vacation into only 3-4 weeks what's hard enough to do in 2 1/2 months. Can you imagine how packed Disney will be in June?

WASHINGTON - Students beware: The summer vacation you just enjoyed could be sharply curtailed if President Barack Obama gets his way.

Obama says American kids spend too little time in school, putting them at a disadvantage with other students around the globe.

"Now, I know longer school days and school years are not wildly popular ideas," the president said earlier this year. "Not with Malia and Sasha, not in my family, and probably not in yours. But the challenges of a new century demand more time in the classroom."