Ok, this started as a joke to my family but has ended up becoming a dream come true. I get the Disney Insider emails every now and then. Last week was the newest Insider and what do I read but that Julie Andrews will be at the Grand Californian for a signing as it's the 45th anniversary of the release of Mary Poppins. She is also there for a new release of a book she has written that will be out in October. I am Julie's number 1 fan! I have seen everything she has ever been in and own every book she has written! So I emailed my family as a joke to see who loved me the most, and would take me to Disneyland to see her. Guess what??!! My mom came through! So for my birthday, Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day, Holloween, and St. Patrick's day, she is taking me to Disneyland to see Julie! Since I am coming from the east coast, I found a really good deal on Travelocity for my round trip ticket, motel for 3 nights, 2 3-day park hopper tickets (they are really for 5 days, as you buy 3 days and get 2 free), and round trip transportation from LAX. Then I got her ticket from Tucson round trip. I have been to Disneyland quite a few times, especially when Iived at home in Tucson, but haven't been in a few years. So if I could, I would like to ask a few questions. By the way, we will be there from August 27 - 30 - the book signing is on the 29th.

1) We have reservations at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott at Disneyland Resort. Has anyone stayed there before? How long of a walk is it? We don't need a lot of extras, as I am not taking a computer and don't plan on swimming. Any input would be helpful.

2) I know the end of August is hot in CA. Is it really that bad? I don't handle hot all that well, but will grin and bear it for Julie Andrews!

3) As a surprise, I want to take my mom to the Blue Bayou for lunch. I know I can make reservations now. Does anyone have the phone number to the Disneyland reservation service so I can see if any times are available?

4) Am I reading on other threads - is the Electricial Light Parade not running the dates we will be there? It's my mom's favorite and I hope it's on.

5) How are the crowds at that time? I know it will be busy, but the only fast ride my mom will get on is Thunder Mountain. I may ride on Splash by myself, but otherwise, we will be taking our time, and just enjoying being there.

6) Does anyone know any more information about the signing? It does say that no outside items will be allowed to be signed - only the lithagraphs they are selling and items bought at Disneyland as long as a receipt is present. So I am assuming that she will sign movies she was in, etc. as long as it was bought there. I would love for her to sign my copy of The Sound of Music, but I am sure that won't be allowed. And do you know when we will be allowed to start lining up? I plan on being there early in the morning and waiting. I hope the wait will be inside!

I am just so excited, I can't stand it! My kids are mad at me as they are not going either, but my mom is paying for this. I will bring them back something, but sure can't afford to take them with me! They know how hard I work, and I do need a break. Working 2 jobs and 7 days a week, I need a break every now and then!

Thanks for all your help