Ok, I'm sorry, but I just have to vent. Grrr. Gotta get this out of my system. Here's the story: We purchased our airfare a few months ago for our September trip. We paid more for the flight that left in the evening, then paid Disney for our extra day as well so we could spend the entire day in the parks, enjoy one last table service meal etc. So, today, I decide to go to the airlines website just to print everything out for my records...AND THEY CHANGED OUR FLIGHT HOME! Without notice to me, they put us on an early in the day flight, WITH a layover (we will only fly direct) for a few hours in Memphis, only to get us home later that our first evening flight would have gotten us home! I was so upset. I called NWA customer service. It was not. (Customer service, that is) An extremely rude rep advised there was nothing she could do. About any of it. All four of us (2 adults and 2 kids) were also not sitting near each other either. All four of us in different rows, all by the windows (and DH and stepson need aisle seats-they are both pretty big!). The tickets we purchased originally were also $60 more than the seats being offered on this flight. After 4 more calls (three of which I was rudely hung up on!) a very nice rep got us on a non-stop flight (although three hours earlier than our original flight, putting us at the airport at noon instead of 5:00PM), all sitting together. Sigh. We've lost our last day at Disney, after all the planning to add another day, we've lost it. ARGH!

Ok, I'm done now. Thank you for listening.

Anyone else have any thoughts or has this happened to you before?