Let me start by saying I tried to use online check-in 3 different times and all 3 times the site was down. I arrived at CSR about 1PM using DME. I went to check-in and there was no line at all so i figured it would be a painless process. I get up to the CM and she asks if I want charging on my room keys and I say no but I do want Express Checkout. She says I can't have one without the other I said I do this all the time. She said well it can't be done, never could. A manager over hears the conversation and asks what the problem is and I explain it to him and he says well you don't need express checkout any way So then I said I wanted to give her my cellphone number for the room notification, she says well that system isn't working and hands me a card with a number to call and check if my room is ready. After I check-in I head over to the luggage room to arrange for our carry-ons to be delivered with my Magical Express bags. Talk about clueless CMs, I tried to explain what I wanted done at least 4 times and was met with baffling answer each time. The first time I was told Magical Express check-in was closed. I explained again and was told the bags haven't arrived yet. After a 3rd try I was told that I couldn't check-in for my flight until the next day. Finally after my 4th explanation I just said forget I will pick them up later. We headed out to the parks and I called to find we were in room 1260 which I was really happy about because I wanted to be close to the main building. The room was clean but not very cool temperature wise. I turned the temperature down as low as it would go and waited and waited for the room to cool down. We went to sleep and woke up sweating several times during the night. The next morning we tried Pepper Market for breakfast what a mistake that was. This has to be the most confusing least family friendly food court in all of WDW. We went to the Kids station first and got our card stamped and waited for the food next was the station I wanted to go to while my cousin sat down with the boys so they could start eating. By the time I got my food and arrived back at the table my cousin decided she didn't want to waste any more time waiting for food and eating. And quite honestly the food wasn't even good and mine was barely warm enough to eat. Now to preface the next part of the story one of the boys had a stomach bug and had thrown up on the bed the night before. We arrived back at the room to find we didn;t have Mousekeeping service yet. We headed back out to the parks for the afternoon and my cousin returned to the room and still no mousekeeping. She called for towels and a clean set of sheets. They brought the towels about a half hour later but no sheets she called again and still no sheets. Finally she called a 3rd time and someone brought up the clean sheets. About an hour later she received a call from the front desk saying they were sending the sheets up and she said they already brought them and she didn't need them. She made sure to mention she was going to sleep and didn't want a knock on the door. About 10 minutes later sure enough there was knock on the door and someone with a second set of sheets. I came back to the room around 1 AM and the room was very warm and sticky. I went to sleep and tried to deal with it. I called the next day to complain about the lack of AC and was told and I quote "Well sir it's very warm outside" to which I replied exactly so I want my room cool. They claimed they would send someone to check it later in the day but I don't believe it ever happened because wasn't much cooler the rest of the week. By far the best feature of the resort is the pool. We went in the mornign on our day off from the parks and had a lot of fun. The Boys got to help turn the water on for the pyramid and water slide which they loved. Overall I wouldn't stay here again and would much rather stay at a value for less money. The only reason we stayed here was my cousin wanted to take advantage of the buy 4 get 3 deal and I was out of DVC points for the year. We needed a little more space and the queen beds also helped but that's as far as it goes. It definately didn't have a Disney feel to the resort and the CMs were marginal at best. Bus service was ok not the best but definately not the worst I have experienced.