Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
I also hope they do a good refurb. I'm about 6'5" and rode it for the first time in about 5 years during our trip last week. My legs don't fit all the way under the bar and about 1/3 of the way in I knew I made a mistake. The bar kept pounding into my thighs, so I hope this is corrected. And before anyone assumes anything else, I weigh only 205 so for my size I'm not heavy. I just don't fit and would love to ride it without having pain. Mark
You, as well as anyone else that is tall, better hope that they don't put the same type of rockets that they use in Disneyland's Space Mountain into WDW's Space Mountain. Granted, the current WDW rockets are a tight fit, but at least it's possible for tall people to ride in them. I'm 6'9'' while wearing my shoes, and I can ride Space Mountain at WDW in its current state. It's not extremely comfortable, but I have discovered a way to sit that makes it not painful (I slide forward in the seat as much as possible, so that the bar doesn't pinch my thighs). I couldn't fit into the rockets at Disneyland's Space Mountain at all. The lap bars are narrow, and there isn't much leg room either. The Cast Members working the attraction were nice enough to give my wife and me Fastpasses for any attraction in the the park (even though she got to ride it). I saw another tall guy not be able to ride it either. I am very disappointed in the design of Disneyland's Space Mountain rockets. People in general are bigger and taller than they used to be, and Disney should have taken that into consideration when they did the refurbishment for Disneyland's Space Mountain. If they decide to add rockets to WDW's Space Mountain that have side-by-side seating, let's hope they they provide plenty of leg room (much like Expedition Everest) for us tall people.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1981 View Post
Just FYI, the 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 seats have ALOT more leg room then the front. I am 6'2 (and former Space CM) and I fit just fine. The lap bar is still tight but not nearly as bad as the front.
You are mistaken. In Space Mountain, there are two individual rockets that are exactly the same design that are hooked together, which makes for 6 riders per vehicle. Therefore, seats 1 and 4 have the same amount of leg room. The same goes for seats 2 and 5. Seats 3 and 6 are the ones with the most leg room. There is one positive thing that seats 1 and 4 have going for them in regards to leg room. There is no seat in front of them, which means that they provide ample knee room. I like seats 3 and 6 the best, but I can manage reasonably well in seats 1 and 4. The only seats I completely avoid are 2 and 5, as they are the middle seats on each individual rocket. They do have more leg room than seats 1 and 4, but it's not enough to make up for the loss of knee room.