Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric2000 View Post

Ah yes, the old "politically correct" strawman. Because Disney realised that implying that the protagonists in the ride were sexually assaulting women was not a great idea on a child's ride they are making a policially motivated change to the ride. If the notion of "political correctness" and the fact that everyone likes to have a go at it didn't exist nobody would even have noticed.
I rode the Jungle Cruise two weeks ago. The attendant had a gun. Has something since happened that I'm unaware of.
So Disney can't make R-rated movies? Why not? WDW is family oriented, their animated movies are either family or child oriented so why can't they release adult-oriented movies (and under a different name for goodness sake)?
I have to disagree. I noticed the change, and then I found out why. In fact, it had never even crossed my mind that the women were being "sexually assaulted" in the old version. I can only speak for myself, but it didn't have anything to do with having a "go" at political correctness.

Also, if it is perfectly OK for Disney to make R-rated movies, then it's perfectly OK to have pirates chasing women around in PoTC.