December 12th
Part 2
Animal Kingdom/ Merry Mixer/ DHS

So we decide to go see CaptainJessicaSparrow at Rafiki's Planet Watch and we head over to the train and the wait seemed a bit long but we decided to head out there any way. After a pretty long wait for the train we go on and arrived. When I saw the line for the train going back to the park I knew we were in trouble. We asked the first Character helper if they knew Jessica and if she was working and he said nope never heard of her We turn the corner and there she was with Jiminy we spent a little bit of time with her and I got a picture with Jiminy and we decided to head back since I wanted to head over to the DVC Merry Mixer and was suppose to meet someone for an ADR. We waited in an extremely long line to get back on the train I was glad I stopped and grabbed a bottle of water before we got on and asked a CM if the path was still but he said it was a Backstage area now so we were stuck. It turns out they were only running 1 train since the other 2 were out of service. The one positive although it was a small one was we won a Dream for Dream Hours at the Animal Kingdom but noone could use them anyway since we all had other plans. It was however a nice souvenir of the meet and the day. I was now running about an hour or so behind schedule and not a happy camper. I mean really if they are having troubles with the trains they should at least warn people or have an alternate way out in order to keep traffic flowing. I hustled to catch a bus to the Beeach Club since the Merry Mixer was at the International Gateway. I arrived with about an hour left of the event. I went in and got my Rice Krispie Treat and put my raffle ticket in the box and then got on line for a picture with Mickey and Minnie. I grabbed some warm cider before getting on line and waited for my picture. I got near the front and they changed out the characters to Dasiy and Donald. I watched the closing festivities and traded some pins at the pin board and got my really nice DVC ornament on the way out. I knew Ellen was planning on being at Epcot so I called her and she said they were meeting at the Studios to Catch the Osbourne so I decided to head over there and come back to Epcot later for EMHs. I left Epcot after a quick stop at Pin Central to get some of the Holiday Around the World Pins and the Gingerbread House pin and was off to the bus. Well it took about 45 minutes for a bus to finally show up but I was still doing ok with time to meet Ellen. I waited by the Star Tours Attraction where we were suppose to meet with no sign of them I watch the lights turn on from a side street view and waited a little more. After a while I tried calling here but got no answer so figured I must have missed her I headed for the streets to watch the lights and take on the snow. While walking I run into Rhonda and Carol and stop to talk and they say Ellen was held up. This didn't surprise with the how slow the buses were and the lines for the boats. We hung around and talked for a while and then I headed to Youse Guys to pick up my glasses and pins. I grabbed a soad and some cinamon glazed nuts took some pictures then decided to head back to Epcot for EMHs and catch Holiday Illuminations.

Next Up My return to Epcot.