I read on screamscape the following about a big annoucement from disney:

Disney has sent a mystery invitation out to the media regarding a major new theme park related announcement they will be making on September 18th at noon, somewhere in New York City. As stated in the invitation, “You’re invited to join Disney Parks for a special announcement -- so big we’re bringing the news to New York.” The announcement gets a little strange here as it promotes “New, breakthrough insights about how American families travel will be shared by Peter Yesawich, Chairman & CEO, YPartnership, one of America’s leading travel trend-watchers. Following that, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Jay Rasulo will unveil exciting plans for 2009--including a first in the history of the Walt Disney Company.”
My gut instinct is to say that this event could include that long rumored post-Olympic announcement about the new Disney park project for China, in addition to whatever big celebration Disney has planned to roll out to both coasts for 2009. This could be that “Celebrate Today” rumor, though we’ve heard that the focus may be on Disney pushing the big family trip, reunion or large gathering concept once again as part of this.
I also have to wonder if Disney might be ready to make some kind of announcement about that Premium Park concept in development for Walt Disney World, previously being called Disney’s Night Kingdom but has since been changed to Disney’s Jungle Trek. Anyone know more about what kind of rabbit Disney is going to pull out of the hat? Last time it was Oswald…

Don't know anything more then this but I thought maybe some one one here might have heard something. Also thought all the disney fans here would like to know about the annoucement.