Quote Originally Posted by mickeynuts View Post
Sorry to keep playing devil's advocate here, but does anybody else find it odd that with all the options out there so many experienced game moderators from VMK would choose to work for a brand new unproven site with no sign of any corporate support behind it? A couple, sure I'd believe that, but a list that long coupled with all the other things they have done to capitalize on VMK's success, it just looks fishy to me.
Yes, that is an interesting point.

On the other hand, if I were VMK staff that were being dumped on the street without an offer of a job (which seemed to be the case in VMK with many of the staff), my skills and experience as a VMK staff member would be invaluable to a startup looking to have experienced help. Rather than training me, they can spend their resources improving the game.

In some of the discussions with VMK staff after the closing announcement, it seemed that many of them were in as much a state of shock over the closing as the players. Knowing water 'cooler politics,' it would not take much for one or two of them to convince other staff members to join them at VFK.

Personally, I feel that Disney was crazy to close VMK, and if they laid off the experienced staff (would just be another in an interesting line of crazy moves) the staff would be 110% in the clear to go where they wish...and take their experience with them! Any 'noncompetitive' agreements would probably be invalidated since Disney would close VMK (nothing to compete with) and Disney was the one to lay them off. It is not like firing for wrong doing and not like they left a 'going' concern to take trade secrets with them.

...just a long thought . Anybody else have any ideas?