Just curious, the $20 per meal that the new DDP is costing you must be more than tip. At 18% a $20 tip would result from a $111 meal, or $55.55 each. I'm sure it can be done, but that even seems high at Disney prices.

I'm guessing part of that tab may be from appetizers (optional) or drinks (optional).

I do feel your pain, I'd much rather have an appetizer than dessert. Under normal circumstances I'm much more likely to order a salad or a cup of soup than any dessert they have to offer. Although I expect there are plenty of folks who would much rather have the dessert and could not care less about the appetizer.

I know what the deal is going in. I know if I order soup I'm going to have to pay for it. Disappointed sure, but not mad. I know what to expect, it's no surprise, and for me it's just not worth getting "so angry" over. But that's just me.

Under normal circumstances the Dining Plan is an option and I'm fully aware of how it works before I make my decision whether to use it or not. I am using it in September because it's free. I did not use it in April. My choice to not use it was partly based on the fact that we were only staying 2 nights, and I was using some old (non-expired) park tickets, but partly because we decided to save the $$ and eat mostly counter service.