I got a message from Disney Cruise Line. They say they upgraded our staterooms from Deck 5, Category 8 Deluxe Oceanview Staterooms to Deck 7, Category 5 Deluxe Staterooms with Verandas.

Here are some of my thoughts.

I find it odd that they didn’t give us the option to keep our rooms or our category. I don’t know why they upgraded us, but I would have thought they would have given us a choice. Don’t get me wrong, I’m delighted with the opportunity. I’ve never been offered a free upgrade before. I just think it would have made sense to give us the chance to say no thank you.

If it was just me and my wife I would be all over the veranda. I’d be sitting out there when I wasn’t at the beach, eating at a restaurant or watching a show. Based on what everyone has described here, it sounds quite enjoyable. The thought of sleeping with the door open and hearing the ocean and feeling the breeze is very appealing to me. However, we have two little ones with whom we won’t be taking any chances. We probably won’t make it out on the veranda except when they are asleep.

We also chose deck 5 because it was close to the Oceaneers club. We figured it would be easy to pop over there for an activity or two. It’s also closer to the theaters and restaurants where we will be spending most of our on ship time.

They say to hand write our new state room number on the luggage tags. We don’t yet have any luggage tags. Hand writing them has me worried that they may end up in the wrong place. Hopefully when they do come, they’ll have the right room number on them already.

What do you think?

tr