Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
The title of this thread led me to believe that an "insider" had official knowledge of the first day of operation to the public.
Well, I'm sure I'm not alone here when I say that DoomBuggyDude is a very valuable and trusted source of information here on Intercot for the information he shares about the Disneyland resort.

And the resort is anxious to get the new monorails up and in service for guests, especially considering that the Mark V Purple train has been in operation now for over 21 years on the beam. The maintenance folks in the roundhouse are particularly excited with the new trains because they offer a more maintenance-friendly design.

The thing about the monorails (and something that certainly has been the case with the Mark VI at WDW) is that they almost each have a distinct personality to them as if they were a living creature- each one has their own little quirks with how they operate and handle that the pilots and maintenance folks get used to and there's a lot involved with the training and testing/certification process with each train to get them to where they get the final approval to start ferrying guests.