Hey guys, Just an FYI....

As you know, I have severe arthritis, fybromyalgia, recent knee replacement and more. As a result I have had to use a wheelchair for the last year with every visit to Disney World. I am happy to say that this past trip I was able to walk for the entire trip (). This was a first for me in over a year.

Since I have a handicap license and a doctors not that I carry with me for every trip I was able to get a GAC.

I spoke with a CM while I was there and they said that due to the abuse they have been cutting back on the GACs and asking guests to use wheelchairs which will go through most of the lines at Disney World now.
It seems that anyone can get a doctors excuse for anything now and they are getting overwhelmed by the number of people requesting them. Going forward the GAC will not be as easy to get.

My friend has a daughter that just had surgery on a torn ACL. It was a major surgery and her knee swells and becomes very painful after walking and standing. The doctor sent a note along with surgery info and they were turned down for the GAC. They were told to get a wheelchair.

So, just a warning. Please do not go thinking the GAC is going to happen every trip.

The CM was very clear to me that they are trying to find ways to get away from the GAC because of the abuse. For those that are truely severly handicapped the pass will still be available, that is what it was intended for.

There are 2 levels of the GAC, one that lets you in the fast pass line and one that let you in the wheelchair line.
The wheelchair line means that if the ride is handicap accessible then you will go through the regular que. If the ride is not handicap accessible, then you will go through an alternate entrance. If there is a fast pass line you are required to get a fast pass for the ride.

Going forward they will issue the wheelchair line only cards to most guests asking for GACs. So, if you need a GAC, you may need to get a wheelchair...

Personaly, I do not like this because I am fine walking but have most of my pain standing and sittting. Yes, sitting causes me losts of pain. So, I hate, hate using a wheelchair. Not to mention that I am one of those people that get "the look" because I am only 45 and do not look like I need a chair.