I posted a question on here a while ago about taking an 8-year-old to Washington. Well, I didn't want to bring up this up in front of DD until I asked DH what he thought about it. It turns out that he isn't interested in going. He has a younger brother who lives in the U.P. and DH would like to go visit him and fish for a week this summer.

I really like his brother, and would love to visit with him. We only get to see him once or twice a year. However, I'm not a fisherperson. DH, DD, and all my in-laws LOVE to fish. For me, a trip like this would be a week in DBIL's house, reading and watching movies (no cable or satellite).

I pointed out to DH that, after 3 severe health scares, I wasn't interested in sitting around for a vacation - I want to see things! I asked what he would be interested in seeing, and he mentioned the Grand Canyon. This sounds like a great compromise to me, since that's on my "Bucket List."

Anyway, the question is: where do you fly to go to the Grand Canyon? We aren't gamblers, but Vegas would be okay, I guess, because I'd like for DH to see Hoover Dam. Is there a more logical place to fly to? Where do we stay? When do we go?

Thanks for any help!