Hi! This is my first time writing a Pre-Trip Report, so I apologize if I’m doing it wrong. We leave one week from tomorrow, on 9/29. We'll be back on 10/9 (10 nights). For reasons I won't bore you with, this is a MUCH needed break from stress and we are SO looking forward to it.

Our crew consists of :
Myself- extremely excited trip planner
DH- Mr. Go-With-The-Flow, who is in dire need of a vacation
DD (15)- Who is looking forward to the thrill rides and the Dolphin Tour
DS (11)- Who is looking forward to "everything"...Especially builing his own lightsaber with his brother
DS (7)- Who is tall enough for all the rides now, and treats me to a daily countdown. He's a big Tigger, Buzz and Dash fan. This reminds me of him every morning as he does the countdown
DD (5)- Who wishes she was big enough for the thrill rides because she'd be on them all with her hands in the air. She'll settle for seeing the Princesses though. She WILL be big enough for Splash Mountain though.
DD (3)- Who tells me she is "going to give Pooh a bear hug" (we'll see, because she's very shy)
My mother (Granny) - Who is also counting down the days to making memories with her grandkids and trying out a Dole Whip and Mickey Bar
My brother (39) -Who will be joining us for 6 nights. He's a ton of fun and is also in need of a break from the stresses of life.

Last trip was in Oct. ’04 when our youngest two were 3 months old and 2 years old.

A little background: When I first started planning this trip 460 days ago (literally), we were looking into staying at POFQ. Trouble is, with a family as large as ours, we are required to have 2 rooms. This adds up very quickly, so after much calculating and debating, we bought into DVC. Now for what we would pay for three week-long trips to WDW (in two rooms), we can go every other year for 48 years! Anyway, in our dreaming, we really wanted to spend ONE night at the AKL to experience the magic of being up close and personal with the animals. So, I saved the money for one night/two rooms. Low and behold, Disney announced that the top floors would be converted to DVC’s. I waited until the right time, called and got a 2-BR Villa for the one night and was able to get reimbursed for the 2 rooms! SO, long story semi-short…we are staying our first night at the AKL, and the rest at Saratoga Springs Resort.

We are on the Dining Plan, as it will save us money. My brother is a “foodie” and loves to try all sorts of new things, so he is really excited about some of the restaurants we are trying...we all are.

Here’s a rundown of what we are doing. I didn’t want to over-plan, but needed to have ADR’s with a party as large as ours. The days are “open” as far as what we are doing in each park. With the exception of one or two places, all of these restaurants are “first time experiences” for us.

Saturday, 9/29
Take 6:30am flight & Arrive Orlando 9:30am
Arrive: Villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge-Spend day by pool, explore resort and surroundings. Just relax and soak it all in. From guidebook: “Join us for viewings and activities honoring the creatures of the savanna. Go on a cultural safari, watch animals at play at dusk with night vision, try your hand as a junior researcher, or watch animal handlers feed the pelicans and flamingos.”
Dinner: Boma (first time)

Sunday, 9/30
Transfer bags to SSR
ANIMAL KINGDOM PARK for the rest of the day- Park hours 9-5
Dinner: Turf Club Grill SSR (first time)
Unpack for the week

Monday, 10/1
MAGIC KINGDOM for the day- Park hours 9a-9p & EMH 9p-midnight (we'll be in bed for this)

Bibbity-Bobbity-Boutique for our youngest two Princesses inside the MK Castle location
Lunch: Noon- Cinderella’s Fairytale Lunch (had breakfast last time, can't wait for this as the girls are the perfect age now)
Dinner - Columbia Harbour House (looking forward to trying this out)

Tuesday, 10/2
MGM STUDIOS for morning
Leave after lunch & head back to SSR for pool time for the afternoon.
My brother arrives today.
Dinner: Our “Anniversary” meal - California Grill (first time)
Granny & Kids will have Pizza in room and relax.
My brother will check out Food & Wine Festival

Wednesday, 10/3
MAGIC KINGDOM for the day- Park hours 9-9
Breakfast: Crystal Palace @9:30 (our MUST repeat meal from last time)
Watch Spectromagic Parade and Fireworks

Thursday, 10/4
EPCOT – FUTURE WORLD for the day- Park hours 9-7
My brother and DD-15 are doing the Dolphins in Depth tour together
Dinner: Germany- Biergarten (first time)
Head out before fireworks, etc—back to SSR to chill.

Friday, 10/5
ANIMAL KINGDOM for the last time today – Park hours 9-5
Breakfast: Breakfastasaurus Buffet (first time)
Dinner: Polynesian- Ohana’s (first time)

Saturday, 10/6
EPCOT- WORLD SHOWCASE today- Park hours 9-9.
Pool time all morning/afternoon. My Dad lives in Tampa and we plan to hopefully visit with
him all day. My Mom and brother will go check out the Food & Wine Festival together and we'll meet up for dinner.
Dinner: Le Cellier (first time)
Watch ILLUMINATIONS tonight!

Sunday, 10/7
MGM STUDIOS for most of the day- Park hours 9-8
Pool time for part of morning?
Lunch: Sci-Fi Theatre (first time-my boys are excited about this)
Dinner Show: TS Mama Melrose’s (first time)
FANTASMIC show at 7:30 (have never seen this, can’t wait).

Monday, 10/8
Last Park Day-- MAGIC KINGDOM to hit favorites one last time.
My brother leaves today.
Dinner: Cinderella’s Gala Feast at 1900 Park Fare – Grand Floridian Resort (first time)
Then off to Contemporary to board our Grand Gathering Magical Fireworks Cruise

Tuesday, 10/9 – Happy Anniversary
Check-out by 11am
Lunch: DTD at Fulton’s Crab House (first time)
Then top off with an Ice-cream sundae at Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop.
Flight home- Depart Orlando: 5:45pm

Thanks for reading if you got through it all. We are very excited and are really looking forward to the chance to get away from it all. Quality family time together is so rare and priceless. Here's to a great trip.