Quantcast Newsletter (6/22/07)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Newsletter (6/22/07)

6/22 – He's back! And he's got red hot info on cool NEW Snack Cart Furniture, a NEW Pin, a NEW In-Park Quest at Disneyland and the 2nd Annual VMK Slide-A-Thon coming this weekend!

It's Water Parks month! Take the plunge with VMK's Summer Adventure - now live and direct from VMK Central heeeerrree's Yavn!

Yavn is (back) in the house!

Greetings programs! Yes, I know, it's been a while … I know many of you have been wondering if I'm ok (I am) and where I have been the last month (can't a guy take a vacation?). The truth isn't all that exciting – I've been really busy – but I know you still want to know what I've been up to. Well, for starters I've been doing some traveling (the Churro & Turkey Leg combo was such a hit I had to go back to WDW for more!!) and I took a much needed 2-week vacation (let me just say Adventures by Disney are awesome!!!). But in general I've been super busy, and so has the entire team – we're all just crazy busy. Now that you know what I've been up to, let's talk about the game and get to the good stuff!!!

Principal Yavn

Now, I hate to be the bad guy here but I've got to fill you in on changes to our moderation and game policies. As you read over these points, please remember why we're doing this – our goal for VMK is to create a safe and fun place for everyone.

Game Moderation Revised

I know you will all be interested is how we're reworking the game moderation. We're always reevaluating the process and now we are making some changes from the ground up. Over the next few weeks you'll start to see changes and adjustments to how we moderate the game.

We're doing this to address changes in the game and provide even better service to our every growing community. Remember, as the game and community change, we're always updating the VMK values to address the changes and evolution of the game. So make sure you review the VMK Values from time to time.

While we're on the topic of moderation let me remind you: sharing ANY sort of messaging address or e-mail address will get you banned from VMK.

Inappropriate language, inappropriate behavior, hacking or use of bugs or programs that modify VMK and any player scams will get you banned from VMK.
    We're cracking down on these behaviors, they will get you banned from the game - with or without a warning!

Pay to Play, not OK

You spoke and we listened. Based on your feedback VMK will no longer allow players to charge each other to play games, enter rooms or anything else. From now on the moderation team will be issuing bans for any players charging other players to get into a room or play a game.

Just to be clear this is related to player activities, VMK will still be charging game credits to play Pirates and ride the Fantasyland Dark Rides. Additionally, we will not be releasing the Turnstiles that were tested several months ago.

Slide On!

On a lighter side, get ready to dive - uh, I mean "slide" - into summer! Slide on down with our 2nd Annual Slide-A-Thon! The event is running this weekend only Saturday (6/23) and Sunday (6/24). Take a slide and you'll have the chance to win the Blizzard Beach Waterslide Start piece on Saturday and the Typhoon Lagoon Waterslide Start piece on Sunday. Remember each time you ride you will win one track piece - you can ride (and win) as much as you like, so ride often! If you can't join us for the Slide-A-Thon this weekend, don't worry - the tracks will be on sale soon.

Nemo & The Case of The Missing Submarine Piece

Sure, the front and back of the Finding Nemo Submarine are pretty cool but what happened to the middle? Well good news, the brand new Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage Quest at Disneyland will be the exclusive way to get it.

Starting late next week Guests in line for the brand new Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage at Disneyland will be given a special Finding VMK Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage Quest! Along with the cool activities, there will also be a card with the Submarine middle. Now like all good things the Quest won't be around forever - so hurry up and get to Disneyland and check out the coolest (and newest) attraction and start Finding Nemo! Guests who have already visited the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage – got a preview of the Quest (minus the card) which features a link to the Finding Nemo Virtual Lagoon - there you can find codes for the front and back of the sub. See the Promotions Page for more details.

Fun Days Return For Summer!

Starting in July we're bringing back Fun Days and increasing the rewards for playing Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. So make sure and check the Community Calendar for all the details. Why you ask? Well, I've heard that some pretty cool new stuff is on the way… keep reading…

Snack Attack

Since everyone loved the Snack Pin Series so much we decided to snacking a step further and create some Snack Cart Furniture Items! Now's your chance to make your room into an awesome snack bar! And what better way to kick off the new items than to start with a Yavn favorite… the Churro Cart! Did somebody say Churro? I'm buyin'! Visit the Emporium Specials in early July for your chance to pick up one of these beauties and keep checking back here for information on the next addition.

4th of July

Got plans for the 4th? Make sure you drop by VMK – we'll be celebrating Independence Day by giving everyone who enters the game a snazzy 4th of July Pin! We also have some other cool stuff planned so you really should drop by!

See you real soon… really!

Well I hope that tides you over for a bit, and I promise not to stay away for so long next time. After all I need to give you updates on the cool Finding Nemo pins on the way, more Alice In Wonderland track items, some new summer clothing and a brand new game for VMK.com we are putting the finishing touches on. Alright I better start making some room for the upcoming Churro Cart… now, do you think we should make a Turkey Leg Cart too?

See you in VMK,
    Yavn
    Pictures

BB Waterslide Start
    TL Waterslide Start
    Nemo Quest Front
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Mr. Tom Morrow; 06-26-2007 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Added Images
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: