Before I moved to CA I had what I thought was the worst boss possible. This person happened to be female. She loved to yell, scream, and had a reputation for being just mean. When I left to come to CA I thought I couldn't possibly have a boss that bad. Low and behold, I ended up with another boss even meaner. She even had been known to make some people cry at work. It is very odd to have someone yelling at you at work, for something not so important. Do they think I'm a child?

Currenly all my bosses are great, but it was interesting that both of these bosses were female. Then I remembered that both my brother and sister and similar problems with past supervisors .... also female. Not just one, but each also had two different supervisors like this. So with all three of us having this problem. I started asking friends. In each case, the people told me the worse boss they ever had was a female.

So are these all isolated instances, or is there something to this? Why do so many people have problems with female bosses? And why do some seem to be so mean and angry? I would think there are some great female bosses out there.