Let me first preface this by saying I've been to Disneyland once before on a short trip, but I am an avid Disneyworld goer. I get there at least twice a year from NJ. I own a DVC membership and I live and breath Disneyworld.

That being said, we headed out on a direct flight fromm good ole Newark Liberty. Flight was nice and smooth we arrived around 8:30 PM easter Sunday and took in downtown disney. I must say, I enjoy the one over in disneyworld better but understand the space issue. This didn't mean I didn't absolutely love the atmosphere.

The next day began with my wife and I going into Disneyland. We started out very smug, comparing every little thing and making fun of the "little castle." We went on the welcome to Disneyland tour and got a bunch of fastpasses which was cool. The day ended with priorty seating at Blue Bayou and preferred viewing of The MSEP over at CA. You couldn't tell from the first day, but we caught a bug. We hit Pirates, and Indiana Jones. As well as space mountain and the matterhorn. We rushed through the day and never really got time to appreciate the "little things."

The next day we went on the Walk in Walt's foot steps tour. That was it. This is when I realized, we were in Walt's park. No matter how much I love Disneyworld, DL is and always will be Walt's park. We heard stories and saw liitle things we took for granted. I truly felt as if Walt was still there, alive and well.

My biggest surprise came when our guide Jack told us that we needed to see the fireworks. I was skeptical thinking, how could anything beat the MK's Wishes or Epcots Illuminations?? Well it did, and then some. The bits of history scattered throughout the Remember Dreams Come Trure show brought me to tears of joy. Not an easy thing for this 27 year old hockey player. We watched it almost every night that remained. I did not want to leave.

Disneyland is pure magic and its pure American history. I love Disneyworld and always will. But Disneyland is truly a place above all else. I cannot wait to get back. Oh, and that little castle? It has since replaced Cinderella castle on my desktop. Disneyland does not need a huge centerpiece. It is a centerpiece. Its humble castle is a metaphore for everything that is great about Walt Disney's Disneyland.