In honor of my 3,000 post I decided to share with you some things I've been pondering lately.

I think many of us can agree that somewhere along the line something went wrong with Disney MGM Studios. There are still awesome attractions there but in many ways it is a shadow of its former self and what it could have been.

Recently I was watching some old Dateline Disney clips on YouTube. One in particular caught my attention. It was made I guess in 1989 and it was all about what would be coming for Disney in the next decade. It is really interesting. They talk about the opening of the Swan and Dolphin, Boardwalk, and "Port Orleans" and "Dixie Landings," all of which came to fruition... then there was the stuff that never happened.

For instance, can you imagine a World Showcase with the Soviet Union and Switzerland? (Including the Matterhorn bobsled ride!)

But the most interesting was all the stuff that was planned for MGM.
There was supposed to be a "Mickey's Movie Land", a "Roger Rabbit's Hollywood" including the CarToon Spin that is at DL and Dick Tracey's Crime Stoppers, and then of course the much talked about "Muppet Studios" with a Muppet Movie Ride. I started to tear up at this part because they actually showed Jim Henson describing what the Muppet Movie Ride would be about... The Muppets would be explaining how movies are made, but as usual they get everything wrong... he seemed so excited about it. In case you didn't know, Jim Henson died in 1990 and MuppetVision 3*D is the last time he did Kermit's voice...

So I have two questions for you...
1. What do you think of these old plans?
2. What could be done NOW to salvage this park. What rides would you put in? What would you take out?