First of all, this discussion forum is among the best on the web, regardless of subject. The members have been very helpful on another one of my posts regarding photography at DW. Perhaps folks here would be so kind to help with a different kind of question?

My family, consisting of a 7 and 10 year old are booked on the Bahamian land and sea adventure May 17 - 24th. 3 days at DW then 4 days on the boat. A month or so ago we signed up for the Atlantis Aquarium excursion which is supposed to last a few hours (this is not to be confused with the beach front excursion where you get to hang out at the hotel's beach, etc.).

My readings on this board and other forums now have me questioning the wisdom of this excursion, because, quite frankly, of the over-the-top effort it takes to get there. I've read it involves a lot of walking - not necessarily just at the aquarium, but even getting to it and back. My wife and I, as well as our children, are in good health and don't mind walking a bit, but what I've read is that there are literally MILES involved in just walking there and then back again. Is this true, a bit of exaggeration on the part of the posters? I've read it more than once, so I'm guessing it is true.

Again, we don't mind walking, but after a whirlwind run about the parks for 3 days, does anyone think it may be too much for the age of our kids to walk "literally miles" for this aquarium tour. In essence, does anyone think its worth it, or should we just hang closer to the boat or do something else? Obviously, this is ultimately a matter of preference, so no one can give us the "right" answer, but what I'm looking for is the opinions of folks on this board that I'm learning to trust more and more.

Also, I've read some things about something called a "Gold Key (to the world?)". Can anyone explain to me what this is?

Thanks!

imaginos