Quantcast *Live* Cantgetenuff's Spring Break day 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default *Live* Cantgetenuff's Spring Break day 1

Tuesday March 13

Me, 35
    DH, 37
    DD, 7
    DFIL
    DFIL's fiance (They are staying in their RV just outside WDW. They are not sure how many days they will be doing WDW with us yet!)

We spent Monday night in Dallas to catch our early flights out of DFW today. We were up at 4 and the airport shuttle picked us up at 5. My flight (DD and DH were on a separate flight...I used my American Airlines miles and couldn't get on the same flight!) was at 6:40am. An hour and 30 minutes later, we actually took off due to mechanical problems! So I ended up landing a mere 20 minutes before them at 11:30!

I have been really nervous about this trip. We are spoiled to "off peak" visits, and this is our first spring break trip. When I saw the huge groups headed for DME at the airport, I was REALLY scared. Turns out it was 500 high school seniors on a senior trip, but they were getting picked up by the cruise bus and headed to sea!

When I got in the line to the All Stars it was about noon and the line was HUGE, but I was in the front of it! After stopping at Sports and Music, I was in Movies check in line (beat that crowd too!) by 1:00. My room was ready in 20 minutes. Herbie Love Bug bldg 6. We headed up and unpacked. We met up with DFIL and his fiance at 2:00 in the food court, where I had to have a small bite to eat (my plain biscuite at 5am from DFW was long gone!). So I got a PB&J crustable and we headed to MK! (DH & DD ate at MCO...they just couldn't wait!)

We were the only ones on the bus, which arrived in seconds of us getting to the stop. Why? Because everyone and their brother was already at MK! We walked in just as the 3:00 parade was starting, so we stopped outside the train tunnel and watched.

Then off to POTC! 40 min. wait. LOVE this as always. When we came out, Capt. Jack was doing his tutorial. I wanted to watch, but the lines around were already about 7 people deep! I wonder if it may become necessary to put this on an elevated stage due to it's popularity???

Next, we were off to HM! 40 min wait, went a little longer. As tradition seems to mandate, we broke down just as we "fall out the window" before the cemetery scene??? Oh well, it kept us on the ride longer!

Then on to dinner as it was 6:00 (yes, we got to MK at 3, and by six had seen the parade and only ridden two rides!) DD and DH were getting a little antsy, but I reminded them that we knew going into this that it was spring break and we should just resolve that there would be crowds. Anyway, we head to Columbia Harbour House. I love the tuna here, but I am really leary of eating anything but bland food, as I have been having gallbladder problems lately. So I opted for the grilled chicken kids meal (grilled chicken chunks, cheese cubes, and grapes). No problems, no pains!! Everyone else loved their sandwiches and chowder!

After dinner, we headed to IASM. After enduring, I mean enjoying that we were off to Philharmagic. I had so much fun watching DFIL and his fiance watch this! They were blown away by the great effects!

Next, a quick spin on the carousel, Snow White, then while the others went off to use FP's for Splash that we had gotten earlier, I decided to ride the train and try to catch up with Main St. Jim b/c he had told me he was working today, but alas, I missed him.

Met up with the family for Wishes and Spectromagic, made the obligatory stop at the Main St. Confectionary (DH got fudge, DD got a Rice Krispie Mickey Head, but I declined. On top of the fear of digestive issues this trip, I knocked my crown on my tooth loose right before we left home! So needless to say, no caramel apple for me! We stumbled out of the park at 11:00. Now it is 1:00am and I am about to drop. DH will post some pictures, and I will report more tomorrow after our day at Epcot!

*Highlight of the day- besides arrival of course, it would have to be during Spectromagic. Mary Poppins was walking by, and DD yelled to her. She came over and took DD's hand. My DD just had to tell her that her cell phone ring tone is "Spoonful of Sugar"! Mary was VERY impressed!

*Funniest moment of the day- When at the airport baggage claim, a family was looking for DME. They asked for directions, but they didn't seem to understand. I told them they could follow me if they want. They declined (the man said, "I am not going to listen to some stranger who doesn't know anymore than I do!" and I watched them get on the escalator to Chili's by security instead of enter Terminal B! Hey, I tried!!

*Purchases of the day- I may have to mark this on the calendar, but we were too tired to shop today!!! We got nothing!! I am sure I will rectify this situation SOON!!

*Plan for tomorrow- Epcot!

PICTURES: Click here
    Last edited by Christine; 03-14-2007 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Added pictures
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly