Quantcast Our Disney Vacation - What Footwear to Bring? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Crocs vote here. I haven't worn them in the World (yet), but I wore them for a very, very long day involving a football game and 4 miles of walking with a banged up ankle. I did just fine with them; no blisters and hardly any discomfort (except for general tiredness).

Have fun!
    Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time.

And for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that it is a good idea to bring bandages and mole skin. They are available in the gift shops for about a million dollars. I also second the statement about breaking in shoes well! Last year I had sneakers that were about 6 weeks old and I thought they'd be fine since they were so comfy - not for the park marathon! Alternating two pairs of shoes is a really good idea. Both my shoes irritated my feet in different ways so taking turns helped. Still had a great time though, such is the magic of Disney!!! What feet?
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I am in the same boat. You hear so many good things about crocs. I recently purchassed a pair. I have been wearing them with socks primarily because of the weather. It is now staring to warm up a little and I plan on trying them without the socks. If they pass the comfort test, I will take them with me (along with other comfy shoes).

First trip 1972
    Last trip 7/11
    Next trip 6/12

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I have found that the most comfortable thing for me (I can't bring myself to wear crocks because I think they are ugly...lol) is plain old flip flops. Might not be right for everyone, but they are comfy for me.

Whatever you do, make sure that the shoes you bring and ones that are proven comfy, Disney is not the place to be trying out new shoes

Post Thanks / Like

Smile crocs

Last year for 8 days all I wore were croc flip flops . Our 9 yr old wore crocs and so did our 2 yr old!! I have found that my feet and legs feel better when I wear my croc flip flops even just around the house. Whatever you decided to wear you will have a great time!! Tonya B

Post Thanks / Like

Default yes, crocs!!

I went to disney last september and brought my most comfortable sandals, and I was in agony eventually. Thank God my husband brought his crocs, two pair and we are the same size foot( they are really unisex anyway) and I was in heaven, NO problems, no blisters, no sweating. Just get youself a pair first and get used to them. I will always take mine now.
    Howard Johnsons 1982
    Guest Quarters 1989
    Guest Quarters 1990
    Yacht Club 1995
    Beach club 1997
    Beach Club 1999
    Beach Club 2002
    Beach Club 2005 May
    Beach Club 2005 Sept
    Beach Club 2006 Oct
    Yacht Club 2007 May
    Boardwalk Inn 2008 May

Yacht Club April 2009

Post Thanks / Like

As a podiatrist, in general, a stiff sole supportive running shoe with a good thick cotton sock is best hands down. However, different strokes for different folks. I really can't recommend Crocs for the parks but so many people out there seem to like them and who am I to argue with what works for people. I had a little 11 year old girl in my office today who doesn't even own a sneaker and only wears flimsy flat shoes. It was no surprise to me her feet hurt. I was actually able to talk her into looking for a pair of Crocs. She thinks sneakers are ugly but will try Crocs. Go figure. Is the Croc company an intercot sponsor? If not they should be.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: