Quantcast What do do the 1st evening? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

If your kids are sports fans, you might try the ESPN club on the Boardwalk. Even have cold beer for parents. Also, the Boardwalk atmosphere gets you in the Disney mood.
    1982 - Offsite
    1985 & 1988 - Contemporary
    1990 & 1992 - Polynesian
    1994 - Old Key West
    1996 - Boardwalk / Old Key West
    1999 - Caribbean Beach
    2000 & 2001 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2002 & 2007 - Boardwalk
    2005 - Beach Club
    2008 - Beach Club Villas

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally I was thinking of O'hana b/c of the kids.....otherwise Kona. I gotta say, the Poly is really relaxing!!!

Then you mentioned the kids birthdays and immediately Chef Mickey's came to mind.

Either way, depending on when you are finished you can see the fireworks after diner more than likely.

From the CR, after you finish at Chef Mickey's you an walk out to the platform and watch from there.

From the POLY you can walk out to the beach and see the fireworks from there, plus the kids can play on the beach. Also, if you are there on a night when the Electical Water Pageant is going on, you can catch that one too from the Poly beach!!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

We will be arriving at POFQ on a Tuesday afternoon. My original plans were dinner reservations at Cap'n Jacks in DTD after a relaxing boat ride there from the resort. Now having read your replies in this thread, I am wondering if it would be wiser to not have reservations and just eat somewhere in DTD on a whim? What do you all think? I'm new at this and have learned so much by reading what you all write.

Oct. '07, POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Did you say you were going in Jan. I tried to book my Jan. trip with Disney and they said i had to wait until June or July! Did you have any trouble booking?

Post Thanks / Like

We have dinner at Whispering Canyon at the WL. Followed by a boat ride to the Contemporary and a couple loops around on the monorail. Always gets us in the Disney mood.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, We're going in January, and will be going through MJ. I was told that packages would be available around August. I haven't called Disney, but did get the vacation planning DVD in the mail yesterday. We're so excited.

Post Thanks / Like

You're getting in pretty late in the day...if you're in at 4:45 into MCO, I'd guess you wouldn't get to the resort until around 6, and thats if you're on time. Travel days are rough; I'd be inclined to take it easy. If you're at a mod or deluxe, there's likely a nice restaurant onsite that would be good for dinner. Unpack, wind down from the trip, have that dinner and hit the pool for awhile...then get to bed at a decent time and you'll be all set to hit a park at a decent time the next morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Start your trip with dinner at O'Hana. Great food and a fun and unique Disney atmosphere. Have a Lapu Lapu (great tropical drink) for me!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

You don't mention if you're renting a car. If you are relying on Disney transportation, a resort meal is going to take longer to get to, and after travelling all day, may not be worth dealing with (my DH gets grumpy when hungry, too). If you are staying at Pop without a car, I'd recommend finding something at DTD since you can get a bus directly there and then can take your time walking around the stores (World of Disney would be a great place for birthday treats for your kids, and they could get their birthday buttons at Guest Relations).

If you'll have a car, I'd suggest Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge or 'Ohana at the Poly. Both are great meals, WCC would be a lot of fun for the boys (they make a big deal about birthdays), and you could go to the beach at either place and watch the Electric Water Pageant.
    Daytrip 2001
    HI FamilySuites (now Nick Hotel) 2003
    POR - 2005
    WL 2006, 2007

Cabins 2008
    Jan. '10 DS turns 5 - quick trip with Mommy at ASMo
    June '10 Grand Gathering at the Cabins
    Fall '11 POP last minute surprise
    Summer 2012 Beach Club and Cars Art of Animation

Post Thanks / Like

I would vote for Chef Mickey's, then head over to the Polynesian and have drinks on the beach while you watch the Electric Water Pageant and fireworks. If Wishes are at 9 pm that night you'll get both the EWP and fireworks at about the same time.
    Life is Beautiful - pass it on. Sign your organ donor card.

Post Thanks / Like

Since we are driving down we aren't planning to do a park our first day there, depending on our arrival time we are thinking about going miniature golfing, our son loves to play putt-putt. This is something we wanted to do on our last visit but with trying to visit the parks as much as possible, we never seemed to find the time.

Post Thanks / Like

We head to Down Town Disney! We walk around to soak up the Disney magic , eat...uasally @ Rain Forest Café, and shop!!!
    It's something we do every time, we love it!!
    ~~ Lisa ~~
    You're of worth! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Trips to WDW: 6
    Trips to Disneyland: 8 plus.

John 3:16 is a place to start.....

Post Thanks / Like

I agree on Chef Mickey's!! Nothing says "Welcome to Disney" like this! I do think you need to do O'hana at some point, but start it off with a bang!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: