Quantcast Chicago's Children's Museum?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chicago's Children's Museum?

We recently took our two DD's to COSI in Columbus and they both really loved it! DH and I were discussing a possible trip to Chicago to visit their Children's museum and other places. Has anyone been to the museum with their children and would it be worth a trip (from Ohio) to check it out? We are always up for an adventure (maybe a long weekend?).

Thanks!
    Amy
    There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have been to the Chicago Children's museum and it was ok but nothing really to write home about. Since you are coming from Ohio anyway, I would suggest that you try the Indianapolis Children's Museum instead. Indy's is many times larger and has so much more to offer than Chicago's. Frankly, once you have done Indy's you will have a hard time appreciating most other Children's museums.

Post Thanks / Like

We go to the musuem a bit but we are local.
    Parking there will kill ya. Like $20+ or something.

They do accept our ASM membership so admission is free.

I have not been to the Indy one.

I guess if you are coming to Chicago to visit Navy Pier is up there on the list of things to do.

One good thing to do is check what the traveling exhibit is or anything on the calendar that may peak your interest.

We have found the Musuem of Science and Industry to be quite fun for our kids as well.
    FatCat
    2007 Sept 7 day Western
    2007 - May ASM
    2007 - Cruise and Pop
    2006 - POR
    2006 - AKL
    2005 Contemporary
    2005 Gaylord Palms
    2005 P. Century
    2004 WL
    2003 Holiday Inn Suites
    2002 All Star Vac. Homes
    2000 POR
    1999 Car. Beach
    1997 Car. Beach
    1980 Some Red Hotel with a Pool

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    We have been to the Chicago Children's museum and it was ok but nothing really to write home about. Since you are coming from Ohio anyway, I would suggest that you try the Indianapolis Children's Museum instead. Indy's is many times larger and has so much more to offer than Chicago's. Frankly, once you have done Indy's you will have a hard time appreciating most other Children's museums.
    I second the stop (if you are travelling this way) at the Indpls Children's Museum. It has been voted several times by several different publications as the #1 Children's Museum in the country! Parking is free and admission is reasonable...but plan on spending a few hours (It is HUGE).

The Chicago Museum is ok, but my kids enjoyed the Museum of Science and Industry more.
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

If you're up for a little longer trip some time, try the City Museum of St. Louis. We saw lots of kids having a blast! Plus there's the Arch, the zoo, and other stuff to do.
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

My kids loved the Children's museum in Chicago (free admission on Thursday evenings after 5pm). They played for hours.

They also enjoyed the museum of Science and Industry, the Aquarium (get there when it opens-lines form quickly), the Lincoln Park Zoo (free),and the John Hancock Observatory. I purchased the City Pass-this allows admission to the Museum of Science and Industry, the Aquarium, the Planetarium, the Field Museum (dinasours), and the John Hancock Observatory. It saved us some $$

And of course, with girls, you must visit the American Girl Shoppe.
    All Star Sports-Hurricane Jeanne & Old Key West-2004
    All Star Movie, Old Key West, Coronado Spring-2005
    Wilderness Lodge-Club Level-2007
    All-Star Movies-November 2008
    AKL-Jambo House, Club Level - Feb 2011
    Contemporary Resort-May 2014
    Grand Floridian Resort- November 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for your replies! We are definitely interested in the Museum of Science and Industry too. We would also like to check out the Children's Museum in Indy (that could possibly be a day trip for us with Nana & Grandpa too!).

And yes - we would love to visit the American Girl store.

I appreciate everyone's help!
    Amy
    There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow...

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Donald;1222712]They also enjoyed the museum of Science and Industry, the Aquarium (get there when it opens-lines form quickly), the Lincoln Park Zoo (free),and the John Hancock Observatory....QUOTE]

While I haven't been to the children's museam ( I was 14 when my family came out here, so I was too old for it) the other museams and aquarium/oceanarium are absolutely amazing! Not to mention that you can go to the top of the tallest building in the US, take a stroll on the beach or see a broadway show (I highly recommend Wicked if your DD's are older).

There is so much for families to do here, you won't be disappointed! Especially if you come once the weather gets warmer and the tour boats are out on the lake again!
    Adults are only kids grown up...

March 2013 - Beach Club
    October 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    September 2009 - Contemporary
    February 2009 - Yacht Club
    April 2008 - Contemporary/Grand Floridian
    October 2007 - DLR - GC -Honeymoon trip!
    March 2007 - Poly
    February 2006 - DLR - Grand Californian

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: