Quantcast For those who have been to Las Vegas

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default For those who have been to Las Vegas

My brother is graduating from weapons school at Nellis AFB in June, so my family is making a week long vacation of it while we are there. My question is this...has anyone ever taken one of the helicopter tours that leave from Vegas and tour/land at the Grand Canyon? I was wondering what you thought of it, and what company you may have used. Did you think it was worth it? I've done some research online, but I was hoping to talk to a few people who have actually done it!
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've not taken a helicopter tour, but would like to next time we visit Las Vegas. You can find information in the forum section of tripadvisor, though. There have been quite a few threads regarding the subject or you can start your own.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never done it - to scared. However they advertise all over Vegas. In the hotel rooms, billboards, coupons at your hotel etc....

Have fun
    MamaCatNV
    Married 19 yrs Mom to:
    DS 17 & DD 8

POFQ-1/1-1/9/07- No More NYE for Awhile
    ASMu-Dec 05/Jan 06 - NYE
    ASSp-Dec 99/Jan 00 - NYE/Turn of the Century
    DL lived near too many visits to count

Post Thanks / Like

I have friends that have gone on it and loved it. Personally, I have issues with getting on anything that beats the air into submission.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

I have never taken an air tour (helicopter or airplane) over the Grand Canyon, but I can echo the sentiment that they are heavily advertised in Las Vegas. We considered doing at one point, but a jeep tour guide in Arizona, who also flew airplane tours around the area (just not the Grand Canyon), stated how he would never fly tours in the Grand Canyon area as the air currents are upredictable. We figured if a pilot was reluctant to fly that route, than it was not for us either! To be honest, statistically the odds of an accident are low, but it never hurts to be aware of a company's safety record.

My nephew and his wife did take a helicopter tour while at the Grand Canyon using Maverick Helicopters and they had nothing but good things to say about it. I'm not sure if they fly out of Las Vegas, but they might be worth a look.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: