Quantcast The Dream Squad being "picky"? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My family and I just got back from 4 days at Disney, and we only saw Dream Team members once at MGM. We visited all four parks, and were there from early morning until the parks closed. We even stayed for Extra Magic Hours at EPCOT and MGM.

We did see a lot of Dream FastPasses around the necks of various tour groups from Brazil and Argentina. That would certainly foster good will with our neighbors to the south.

Maybe next time we'll get lucky.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

A friend of a friend knows one of them and this is what they said.

"No we have no choice about who gets the prize but only people from the US, Canada, Mexico, The United Kingdom, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland are eligible to win the big prizes. As far as ears, lanyards, and fastpasses go everyone wins we do not ask where they are from." -Dream Squad member

Thought this would help you out
    God Bless, Jacquelyn M. Sheely
    (AKA: Jac, or Jazz)

VFK: DisneyJazzGirl
    POTC Online: Horizon SeaCastle
    VMK: GiltterDisneyGirl

WDW: Christmas & New Years 1986-1998/2002-2007
    Summer 03, 05, & 08/March 07 % Jan 09
    "NEXT TRIP" WDW 2010?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Let me just put this to rest right now.

Hi there, I am a member of the Dream Squad at WDW, and I will tell you now that you are not being searched out or judged by how you look or where you are from. And we don't go around the park loaded with prizes. Our awards are completely given out at random. We ourselves don't know where, or what will be given out until about 30 minutes before hand. Absolutely none of us have any power to give out Dream prizes on our own. If the conversations seem abrupt it could be for any number of reasons, and its only seems like it is on purpose. Most of the time we spend in the park is only in the position of "Super Greeters" we are to go out and meet as many of you wonderful guests as we can. If we feel that you are open to this kind of encounter we can visit as long as everyone likes. But if we feel we are being a bother more than a help we move on. I know for a fact I have offered to help people and they say oh no thanks I have been here tons of times. They brush me off. Most of the time locals don't really need our assistance so that could also be a reason.
    I just want to make sure that everyone understands that The Dream Squad does not make the decisions of who gets what. We have no power at all but to make sure that all of our guests are assisted when they visit and they are treated as welcomed guests.
    I love my job and know that I have the best job in the world. But giving out the prizes is not my favorite thing to do. My favorite thing is meeting all of the guests. So please do not jump to any conclusions, we are happy if you live across the street from Disney. We love all our guests!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Marker
    Goodness, I guess I just don't understand how you can feel disappointed over something like that. It's not some sort of entitlement that EVERY guest should expect.

I guess in that sort of view, they shouldn't do it at all unless they are going to give something to EVERYONE. But then it wouldn't be much of surprise if they did it that way, and it certainly wouldn't be anything special.

Wouldn't it be nice if people could just be happy for those who are lucky enough to get something, instead of disppointed they didn't which sounds to me more like envy or jealousy.

Actually, if you have kids, it seems like a good learning/teaching opportunity to me about being able to be happy for the good fortune of others rather than feeling sorry for ourselves.

I'm going in March, and yes, it would be cool if I get lucky. But that's certainly not why I'm going. And actually, I'd find it cool to see some other family get something.

But that's just my opinion.
    What did you do copy and paste from my post??
    Maybe I shouldn't have taken everything so personally.
    I still think you are way out of line.
    May 82 Offsite
    April 89 Honeymoon
    June 95 DD 1st Trip
    Dec 00 DS 1st Trip
    April 04 Coronado Springs
    May 05 Pop
    June 05 PO Riverside
    Oct 05 POR
    Dec 05 FW Cabin
    Feb 06 Caribbean Beach
    May 06 POR
    July 06 Bonnet Creek
    Jan 07 BonCk
    Dec 07 ASM/AK Lodge
    Nov 08 ASM
    Feb 09 FW
    Dec 09
    April 10 FW

Post Thanks / Like

hey, we have it made. We get discounts, and I get to sleep in my own bed after a long day at Disney, so discriminate against us, I dont care. Y'all that spend oodles of money deserve something extra.

besides, people need to lighten up in our society
    73 miles away, weekend warriors

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ladyvader,

Hope to meet up with you in November, whether you give me anything or not. I love meeting the CM's on our trips, my twin boys hug as many of you as they can We have so many pics of our boys hugging CM's and kissing their hands, almost as many as with the characters LOL. Mostly, they see a pretty girl and go for it, and since they were 4 they get away with it.

Thanks for the job you do!
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppysmom
    .........what do you guys think????
    One, I think you've got too much time on your hands to think about this.

Two, as someone that has to spend a more money to visit the parks from out of state, which means less frequently, I'd be happy ot hear that out of staters get preferential treatment.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Ladyvader, thanks for giving us the Dream Team perspective. I appreciated hearing from that side of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by ToDisney
    What did you do copy and paste from my post??
    Maybe I shouldn't have taken everything so personally.
    I still think you are way out of line.
    As a matter of fact, I did copy my reply..... same topic, same reply...makes sense to me, and as such not directed personally at anyone, or intended to "imply" anything. Simply stating my personal opinion, no more, no less, and certainly not intended to be "way out of line".
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

MODERATOR ALERT:

The Dream Team does not do the selecting. It's a fact and not up for debate - no matter what any one person may or may not think.

We even had a member if the Dream Team chime in above with the exact protocol used in the process.

Let's move along and play nice, Folks!
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dream Squad

My family and I just returned from the parks. We stayed at Saratoga Springs for 5 days. We first encountered the Dream Squad while getting off Living with the Land. The entire boat recieved Dream Fast passes. What a gift it was. We were'nt expecting to get anything since we understood the process as being completely random. Then while walking through Frontierland my daughter was handed a free cotton candy and again she was thrilled. This was also our 3 year olds first trip being 40 inches. He rode Big Thunder Mtn, Tower of Terror, Dinosour(twice), Test Track, and Sourin, what a trip. To top it all off our 9 year opld son was picked to "drive" the radio controlled car at Lights Motors. This was by far our favorite trip to the Happiest Place on Earth .

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with posters who've said just going to WDW is a dream come true!

**mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MouseDAD74
    My family and I just returned from the parks. We stayed at Saratoga Springs for 5 days. We first encountered the Dream Squad while getting off Living with the Land. The entire boat recieved Dream Fast passes. What a gift it was. We were'nt expecting to get anything since we understood the process as being completely random. Then while walking through Frontierland my daughter was handed a free cotton candy and again she was thrilled. This was also our 3 year olds first trip being 40 inches. He rode Big Thunder Mtn, Tower of Terror, Dinosour(twice), Test Track, and Sourin, what a trip. To top it all off our 9 year opld son was picked to "drive" the radio controlled car at Lights Motors. This was by far our favorite trip to the Happiest Place on Earth .
    Sandy blone hair and a black t-shirt?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Did someone say hugs?

Well I am one of those cast members that loves the hugs. In fact today was about a 6 hug day for me. There is nothing in this world like it. Tell the boys I can't wait to meet them! Today was a wonderful day, and our first award of a night in the castle was given at my park! A family of four. And it was the 8 year old girls birthday, well I don't know about you all, but really, dreams do come true. And tonight as I say goodnight to everyone leaving Disney MGM Studios my favorite thing to say to them is "Sweet Dreams" . Folks of the forums, I know that your visits are not always positive at Disney, but I tell you now there is no other park that tries harder than Disney to make everyone's dreams come true.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Ladyvader - I certainly do appreciate your comments. They almost give a bit of that Disney "magic" feeling just reading them here at my desk in "wonderful" cube.

Thanks for kicking in your side of things.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Disney has released the criteria used to select the Fouch family from Michigan as the first family to spend the night in Cindy's castle. They were sitting in seat eight in row two of simulator four in the Star Tours ride at Disney MGM Studios at 10:00 a.m. They could have been a family from Mars and would still have won.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver
    Disney has released the criteria used to select the Fouch family from Michigan as the first family to spend the night in Cindy's castle. They were sitting in seat eight in row two of simulator four in the Star Tours ride at Disney MGM Studios at 10:00 a.m. They could have been a family from Mars and would still have won.
    Sorry but Martians and venusians are not eligible in the Year of a Million Dreams Celebration. However visitors from Jupiter do have to answer a math problem in order to be eligible.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey ladyvader,

Make sure you are working on Monday, November 26, we'll be at MGM that day and my gorgeous, blonde haired, brown eyed 6 year old twin huggers will be on the lookout for you
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker
    Goodness, I guess I just don't understand how you can feel disappointed over something like that. It's not some sort of entitlement that EVERY guest should expect.

I guess in that sort of view, they shouldn't do it at all unless they are going to give something to EVERYONE. But then it wouldn't be much of surprise if they did it that way, and it certainly wouldn't be anything special.

Wouldn't it be nice if people could just be happy for those who are lucky enough to get something, instead of disppointed they didn't which sounds to me more like envy or jealousy.

Actually, if you have kids, it seems like a good learning/teaching opportunity to me about being able to be happy for the good fortune of others rather than feeling sorry for ourselves.

I'm going in March, and yes, it would be cool if I get lucky. But that's certainly not why I'm going. And actually, I'd find it cool to see some other family get something.

But that's just my opinion.
    Ditto.

Dh and I have been a few times since the DT was deployed. We keep hoping we'll get lucky - and we keep getting light-heartedly disappointed when we don't ("Aw, c'mon!) - but we don't hold it against anybody. Hello! We're at WDW! Again! We're already having a blast!
    Shelley, Happy DW of bear_necessity.
    DVC owners: SSR since 2007
    Remain seated please. Permenecer sentados, por favor.

Last trip: DLHotel in May
    Next trip: ?? Vero maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

Ok got my arms ready for the hugs from the twins LibertyTreeGal. I look forward to meeting you all.
    I can not begin to tell you how sad I get when people come up to me thinking that by just saying hello to me I will shower them with prizes. They come up and say make my dream come true. LOL. And usually my response is "unless your dream was meeting me then I have nothing to give you" each prize is limited. And we have to give out exactly that amount. And the key to the whole thing is "being in the right place at the right time", its short and simple. I tell everyone that there has never been a better time in Disney history for families to ride the rides together! Dont split up your parties just because you have been on Peter Pan before and really dont want to wait in the line. Ride the rides, go to the attractions, visit all of the things there are to do at the parks and who knows you may be our new lucky winner.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a sad way to treat people so I am not surprised that it makes you sad, ladyvader. I would be appalled if I saw someone doing that! I had no idea people were treating CM's that way, but I guess now that I think about it I am not surprised.

Actually, the callousness of it all does tick me off royally. Like a CM's entire existance on earth is just to be nothing but a soda machine, dispensing dreams on demand.

I'm going to go eat something chocolate to make me feel better....

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: