Quantcast Keeping the Mouseketeers from killing each other . . . - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Assmuming you are not blessed with a family entertainment center in your vehicle, I would find a way to budget for a portable DVD player (currently $110 at Target) and let them watch movies THE ENTIRE WAY DOWN!!!!!!!! We do have a DVD player in our van and it is a blessing on all our driving vacation! The kids packed a ton of movies and watched as many as they wanted. They thought it was so cool to be able to watch as much TV as the wanted - just this once.
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We always gave our kids maps to follow. you can get detailed ones from AAA and they each would have one.
    Each child would get a section of the map that they were in charge of (watching for exit # or town and city signs)
    Even the younger ones can find the mile markers and other #'s.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck!!

We are leaving this Saturday with our 4 munchkins and I have an arsenal of stuff but there are days I'm questioning my sanity of doing this! (Oh, like this morning! ).

I have a surprise "travel bag" made up for each kid and then things like Mad Libs. I read about an idea of making up a travel binder and each time you hit a different state give them the folder that goes to that state with a map in it with your route highlighted, trivia about the states, things to do, etc...

Of course, my trick now is to find where in the world I put all the print-outs! [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] I printed TONS of stuff out (I made up find a words about the states on-line & one for Disney, etc... and need to find them).

I know also, we let them run around at the rest stops/lunch break, etc...

And of course, sleeping. I'm actually not too worried about the trip down, it's the trip HOME that will be more challenging.

Especially since my older 2 are the ones that just like to pick on each other and they sit next to each other (their "spots" in the car are ingrained and they aren't about to let me switch them around. I have tried on occassion and they let me know that that is *THEIR* spot. [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] !)

I do intend to put some luggage between the 2 since we have a limited amount of space with the stroller and all...hopefully this "wall" will help.
    Becky
    Contemporary - 7/05
    Ft. Wilderness Cabins - 7/11 with extended family (15 of us in all!!!)
    ME, DH, DD-17, DS-14, DS-10& DS-7

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely get a portable dvd player and a lot of dvds. The more electronics you have, the better chance you have for peace. If that doesn't work I'd drug them.
    90- CR/Poly
    92- off-site
    93- Poly
    94- CBR
    96- CR
    99- CR
    01- off-site
    02- off-site
    03- off-site
    03- CR/Poly
    04- CR/Poly
    06- Poly
    17- Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all so much. My sister is visiting and she suggests dramamine, aka VACATION VITAMINS. Please keep up with your suggestions I have two more weeks to go! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    LuAnn
    *Love that Mouse!~~"Are We There Yet?"
    Go UD!
    GO Dayton Flyers!

Post Thanks / Like

I ditto all the suggestions from above - and add one thing. IN 1997, when my kids were that age, they were told several times before we went that it was going to be a very long ride, there was nothing that could be done about that if they wanted to go. We calmly explained to them that we needed to be able to concentrate etc., in order to make it a safe trip, and that we would get very annoyed, and it would only tire us out more and make us miserable, if we heard are we there yet constantly, and other stuff like that. We also had snacks, toys, some games etc. - no portable DVD's back then - but they were exceptionally good all the way there and back, considering my oldest got the flu the last day we were there, and had to lay down most of the way back. Now I don't think my kids are more well behaved then otheres in anyway, but explaining the situation to them, and putting some of the responsibility on their shoulders, they did seem to understand and behave accordingly (we went with my parents, myself, and my three girls, 10, 8 and 6). Just a thought.
    șOș Dianne șOș

You must make a Choice to take a Chance or your life will never Change

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: