Quantcast Magical Express for Bags Only?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

I will be renting a car, but am wondering if I can send our bags straight through the magical express and have them show up at our room without us going on the bus? I don't care if they show up hours after we check in.

Thanks,
    Karen
    Karen
    CBR-May '98
    Swan-Jan '00
    Offsite - Oct '00

AS Music - Dec '01
    Contemp- August '02
    Swan - May '03
    Dolphin - June '03
    AS Music - August '03
    AS Sports - May '04
    Poly - Aug '04
    Swan - Jan '05
    Pop Century - Aug '05, Aug '06
    CBR -Aug '-07

CSR - August '08
    POFQ - Aug '09

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Below is the answer they e-mailed me the other day.

Kathy

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World. Resort.

While we appreciate your interest, luggage and flight check-in is only for guests using Disney Magical Express.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if applicable on all correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Mary Czachorowski
    WDW Online Communications

Post Thanks / Like

As noted, you must be using the Magic Express service in order to have your bags transported for you.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Although I am confused about whether getting your bags from the resort to the airport is magical express, you can do that and rent a car. We did that last month. We dropped our bags off at the special desk in the lobby and they took them to the airport. The next time we saw them was on the baggage carousel when we got home.

Gusgus

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Gusgus:
    Although I am confused about whether getting your bags from the resort to the airport is magical express, you can do that and rent a car. We did that last month. We dropped our bags off at the special desk in the lobby and they took them to the airport. The next time we saw them was on the baggage carousel when we got home.

Gusgus
    This is not supposed to be an option for using Magical Express. Unless you are getting on the bus for the return trip to the airport, your bags are not supposed to be transported for you.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by faline:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gusgus:

Gusgus
    This is not supposed to be an option for using Magical Express. Unless you are getting on the bus for the return trip to the airport, your bags are not supposed to be transported for you. </font>[/QUOTE]Jeanne recently sent me some information that implies they've changed this, they just haven't advertised it. It only applies to people that are using participating airlines. They can check their bags at the resort regardless of what method they use to get back to the airport.

This only applies to the RETURN trip. Coming into Orlando, you must use the transportation in order to use the luggage transfer.

[ June 21, 2005, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Beast_fanatic ]
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

1) I don't see why not.
    2) I assume you would have to register for ME.
    3) How would they know you didn't get on the bus?
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the DME booklet is sent to you unless you book the DME service. This puts you on the Disney manifest (I think this is how it's working).
    According to the cast website, you must use DME in order to utilize the luggage check in service at the resort.
    But, I found this:

Q: Do I need to ride the Disney's Magical Express motor coach to the airport in order to participate in the Resort Airline Check-in?

A:No. After utilizing the Resort Airline Check-in service, you can either take advantage of the complimentary motor coach transportation to the airport or arrange your own private transportation. Your checked luggage will be transported to the airport regardless of which transportation option you choose.

on this site

after doing a search of Disney's Magical Express on the Internet.
    I did notice it's under the "meeting" planning section of the site so I don't know if that matters.
    If I remember, I will try to find out an answer tomorrow when I go back to work.
    I'm thinking too, that it will be a lot different when there is a charge for the DME service. For now, it's free for the HCOE.

[ June 21, 2005, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Piglet822 ]

Post Thanks / Like

My mother asked Karen from Magical Journeys about this and we were told that we could not. So we booked our flight with a non participating airline now... Oh bummer.
    AKA~Jody
    Off site-Dec 1984, Apr 1995, Nov 2000, Oct 2003, May 2004, Oct 2004, Dec 2006, Sept 2007, Sept/Oct 2008, Dec 2010, Nov 2012, Oct 2014, Dec 2017
    POP Centry- Dec 2004 (first stay onsite), Dec 2011
    CBR-Sept 2005, Dec 2005, Dec 2008, Sept 2009, Nov 2015
    AKL- Dec 2014
    Poly -May 2006

Post Thanks / Like

I really wish they would decide what the rules really are! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We just recently booked a room reservation and were told to call back with our flight information if we wanted to use ME, but there was no mention of participating airlines. Does anyone know what airlines are participating in ME?

14 - Boardwalk
    14 - AK Lodge
    13 - WL
    12- Dolphin/Bay Lake
    11- Bay Lake
    09-Bay Lake
    09-Poly
    08-Wilderness Villas
    06-BC Villas
    04-WL
    03-GF & Wilderness Villas
    01-Yacht Club
    00-Wilderness Lodge
    99-GF & Poly
    98-Caribbean Beach
    97-Contemporary
    96-GF
    95-Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

This is not supposed to be an option for using Magical Express. Unless you are getting on the bus for the return trip to the airport, your bags are not supposed to be transported for you
    We told the person behind the desk we weren't using ME and he said that's fine we didn't need to. I asked to make sure we weren't doing something "sneaky". We did this at the end of May.

Gusgus

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by MonoMan:
    We just recently booked a room reservation and were told to call back with our flight information if we wanted to use ME, but there was no mention of participating airlines. Does anyone know what airlines are participating in ME?
    Participating airlines are American, Delta, Song, Continental, United and TED.

You can still use the service whether your airline participates or not. You just won't be able to check your luggage at the resort on the return trip. You'll have to get it on the bus with you and then get it to check-in at the airport (although you can use bell services and sky caps if you want).
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard that JetBlue and Northwest should be on board as participating airlines by the end of the month. It's advertising this on the video we show from the airport to the resorts.
    I did not go to work today and I took off tomorrow (I'm not feeling well ) but as soon as I find out something, I'll let you all know.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information, it will be helpful when it comes time to decide if we want to try ME. We usually fly AirTran or Southwest.

14 - Boardwalk
    14 - AK Lodge
    13 - WL
    12- Dolphin/Bay Lake
    11- Bay Lake
    09-Bay Lake
    09-Poly
    08-Wilderness Villas
    06-BC Villas
    04-WL
    03-GF & Wilderness Villas
    01-Yacht Club
    00-Wilderness Lodge
    99-GF & Poly
    98-Caribbean Beach
    97-Contemporary
    96-GF
    95-Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

You can still use ME if you fly AirTran or Southwest, you'll just have to handle your own bags on the return trip to the airport, the driver will stow them in the luggage bay of the bus for you.
    On your arrival to MCO, your luggage will be treated just like everyone elses, it will be taken and transported via truck, then delivered to your room, PROVIDED you have placed the yellow DME tags on your bags prior to leaving your home airport.

Post Thanks / Like

When we checked into our room, there was a flyer similar to the park hours sheet stating that we could use return luggage service without utilizing Magical Express on select carriers including American, Continental, Delta/Song and United/Ted (which we had flown). This got us very excited, as we had six large suitcases plus carry ons to get back to MCO without curbside checkin which we used at O'Hare airport to get us to Orlando.

Unfortunately on our departure day from The Contemporary when we went to check out, Bell Services decided that United/Ted were not part of the carriers participating and could not help us get our luggage back to MCO (we had rented a car). Instead, we were responsible getting our bags to the airport and checked. It was ok because that was what we had originally planned, but I would have been very upset if I was counting on the luggage service, and then they told us it was unavailable!

This is my first post since we got back, I'll add more later in detail. However, the flier called it "Resort Airline Check-In". I wouldn't bank on it, though! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Unless something has changed in the week that I've been out sick , United/Ted are participating airlines. However, I have noticed that there are sometimes problems that prevent luggage from being checked in at the resort, sometimes it's a computer problem, sometimes it's an airline or reservation problem. I wonder if maybe that's what you ran into.
    Just two weeks ago I had to wait for a family to bring their luggage to me, last minute, because they could not check their bags at the resort and they were flying United.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I just got home from work and the official word from the BAGS people at Caribbean Beach is, anyone can use the resort luggage check in service, even if you're not traveling via DME. This is only from resort to airport, I imagine the other way around is still DME only since you need the luggage tags.
    I asked what would happen when the service is no longer free but noone knew.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeanne!

Thanks for checking on this!
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: