Quantcast What snacks and drinks do you buy and take to DIsney

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

I was curious what everyone takes with them to Disney as far as snacks and drinks. I am not talking about what you buy once you are there. I mean the snack and drinks you purchase before you go and pack and take with you to Disney.

My DH thinks I am nuts because I normally take so many snack.

I take all kinds of food. I take potato chips, Little Debbie snacks, candy, water, sodas, juice, and drink mixes to put in the water.

Post Thanks / Like

For our room, we went all out healthy and took a bag of chips, a bag of pretzels and a bag of Doritos. [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img] Surprisingly though, we didn't eat too much of these. I also took granola bars because DH and I are not breakfast eaters, but we would always grab one of these to eat while waiting for the bus.

For the parks, I took things that were more compact and wouldn't melt. Again, granola bars and we also took those prepackaged cheese and crackers. We didn't bring anything in the way of beverages because we didn't have a frig but we did also bring Brita waterbottles and bought the refillable mugs so we were always either drinking water or soda/iced tea from the food court.
    1990 - Shades of Green w/ mom, dad, sister and Grammy
    1994 - CBR w/ mom, dad, and sister
    1998 - Pleasure Island w/ sorority sisters
    2004 - CBR
    2010 - One day at MK with my new husband
    2015 - 40th anniversary celebration with my parents, my sister's family,and my family...can't wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

granola bars, and cereal bars get packed. We shop when we get there for snacks and water, but since my daughter is allergic to milk and eggs there are a few brands that I pick up at home because I know they are safe for her and I'm never sure if I can find them down there.
    Kathy

Next Trip Nov. 3-Nov. 12 private villa
    Nov 2005 off property
    May 2003 off property
    May 2002 off property
    June 1982 off property
    June 1973 Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

We never pack drinks because they seem to hard to pack in our suit cases. I am afraid they might open during the flight down. We do take Pringles, licorice, granola bars, bagels, english muffins, bite size snickers, individual cereal boxes. So far we have found that all the above travels well. 4 weeks until we leave!!

Post Thanks / Like

Individual little bags of trail mix are good. We usually go to Sam's Club to get good ideas on munchies that won't melt or leak liquid anywhere!Buying small individually wrapped crackers or cookies helps them to stay fresher. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

We like granola bars,individual packs of chex mix, pretzles, peanut butter crackers, gum, starburst candies.
    We also bring juice boxes or capri suns for the kids. Their favorite snack is individual boxes of cereal to eat dry.

Always pack chocolate of some kind for the room only, too melty for the parks!

Funcruiser

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my list:

Licorice
    Gum
    Tic-Tacs
    Pringles
    Individual cereals
    Granola bars/cereal bars/trail mix bars
    Cheeze-its

I have found that if I bring any more than that, it does not get eaten. Rarely can you can eat WDW food and snacks!! The only time we eat in the room is breakfast.
    2004 Pop Century<br />2004 Wilderness Lodge<br />2002 All-Star Sports<br />2001 Coronado Springs<br />1996 Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

I take a suitcase just for snacks and then have extra space for the return trip -
    We take:
    Bottled water - small ones
    Capri suns - 2 boxes
    Choc chip cookies - 1 package
    Individual crackers and cheese packs - one box
    Bag of pretzels
    Bag of goldfish

I take baggies and fill them up in the morning - and take my backpack full of snacks. Everyone gets a choice of 2 in the morning to take. Seems to work pretty well. Does save time and money in the parks.
    Oct '94 - WL
    Feb '96 - PO
    Nov '96 - ASMu/Offsite
    Oct '97 - Cari
    Aug '98 - Off Site
    Feb '99 - ASMovies
    Oct '00 - Poly/BC
    Sep '01 - POR
    May '02 - WL/POR
    Jan '04 - BC and Cont
    Dec '04 - POP
    Jan '06 - BC
    Dec '07 - POR
    Aug '09 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

We drive so it is easy to take a big cooler. When we leave it is packed with drinks. I also took coffee and a french press pot with me for our morning fix.

After we arrive and check in, we go to the Publix near Orlando Premium Outlets and stock up on stuff. Last summer it was dips, chips, sandwich stuff to eat on at lunch.
    Poly: 00, 03 x 2, 04, 05, 07 x 2, 09 x 2, 10, 11
    CR: 01, 02 x 2, 04, 06 x 2, 10, 11, 12
    GF: 01, 04
    F.W. Cabin: 07
    S/D: 01, 02 x 2, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09
    WL: 16
    POR: 14, 15
    DLR: 08, 13

Post Thanks / Like

For us, it is chips, hard candy, Pop Tarts, cookies, and drinks. My mom also always makes me a big batch of Rice Krispie treats before I leave on every trip. [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img]

Mostly this is for the room, but we also take a juice puch or two to the parks and a small ziploc of snacks to get us through the day.
    Next trip: May 29-June 5 2007, Caribbean Springs Resort
    Previous Trips: May 2005 POFQ; May 2004 Off-site with 50 Elementary Schoolers; September 2002: Contemporary Resort; March 2002 Off-site; May 2001 Animal Kingdom Lodge; March-June 2000: Vista Way, WDWCP

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Ima codfish:
    Individual little bags of trail mix are good.
    We make our own trail mix, and put it in small baggies for each day.
    Ben

Post Thanks / Like

We take Trail Mix, also--one bag with the whole shabang, and one bag without nuts (our youngest hates nuts, for some reason).

We also take Brita water bottles so we can refill in the park and stay hydrated. Someone said they're disontinuing those, though, so we may be out of luck the next time we go unless we stock up on the bottle filters.

Post Thanks / Like

We take Pop tarts, Chex mix (individual baggies), Apples & Oranges, cereal bars, bagels, and water bottles, Juice boxes for the kids. It seems to work out great, everybody picks their snack before we leave the room, and off we go!! (Not a food item, but in the years we have been going, a small first aid kit is good too if you have little ones, it seems that they get at least one ouch a day that needs to have a bandaid to "heal" if I can see the ouch or not !!)
    "Are we there yet mom?" "Can we go to Disney World tomorrow?" Lots of visits & we keep on going!
    Next trip:
    9/18/2013

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up for the pringles crowd!
    I also take power bars, pbutter crackers, gummi bears, small cereal boxes for early breakfasts, some sandwitch fixins, and lots of coffee!!

Something i have seen that we are trying this year are small single serving crystal light packages. Each package makes 16.8 oz of crystal light (a normal water bottle).
    '76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It's so good to talk with another snack planner! We take Pop Tarts, granola bars, cereal, pudding and Jello (prepackaged), pretzels, and Ritz crackers. You can also buy oatmeal in single-serving bowls at the grocery store. I've heard of people packing a separate suitcase just for snacks and I've heard of shipping your snacks to your resort a few days before your scheduled arrival. I'm not sure which way I'm going to do it this time.
    " But you see, I have the other slipper! "

1987 - Off Site
    1995 - Off Site
    2001 - All-Star Sports
    2005 - All-Star Music
    Next Trip - September 2009 - Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Just to clarify ... the oatmeal would be for breakfast at the hotel. I won't be sitting in front of a FastPass machine whipping up a bowl of oatmeal! [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img]

1987 - Off Site
    1995 - Off Site
    2001 - All-Star Sports
    2005 - All-Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

[img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img] An idea for peanut butter fans ..... I'm allergic to peanut butter, so I'm not sure if this would work. Could you get a plastic jar of Goober peanut butter (it has jelly mixed in with it), pack some crackers, and presto! You'd have lunch! As I said, I'm allergic, so I don't know if the peanut butter would melt in the heat??????

1987 - Off Site
    1995 - Off Site
    2001 - All-Star Sports
    2005 - All-Star Music

BostonChic Guest

Smile

In September,when we go we'll bring Snack bars,cereal,fruit snax,and some kind of juices.also a good thing is filling up a sink with alot of ice(last time we had some beers [img]tongue.gif[/img] )they stayed cool.It works good for anything.

Post Thanks / Like

We fly. We take a car service from the airport and ask for a grocery stop. We have a well prepared list ready to go so it doesn't take us long to run in and get snacks, water, breakfast food, etc. If we drove I'd pack as much of the snack stuff as I could but it's bad enough as is lugging the amount of luggage we have to the airport! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    ~Nance~
    DVC Members since 8/01 6/85~DI, 2/98~CBR, 1/99~OKW, 4/99~OKW, 2/00~OKW, 6/00~CBR, 1/01~VWL, 2/02~VWL, 8/02~BWV, 1/03~OKW, 3/04~VWL, 10/04~SSR, 5/05~OKW, 8/05~BCV, 3/06~SSR & BCV, 8/06~BWV & BCV, 1/07~SSR & OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by imaprincess!:
    Just to clarify ... the oatmeal would be for breakfast at the hotel. I won't be sitting in front of a FastPass machine whipping up a bowl of oatmeal! [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]

I pack pringles, some small ziploc bags for the plane with maybe goldfish, cheese crackers, cinnamon crackers. We buy when we are there soda and water at the grocery store. It's so expensive in Disney I can't believe it. Pringles usually last good but the last time I packed one in my luggage, there was nothing but pieces inside. I don't know if this was from the flight or if they came this way when I bought them. [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: