Quantcast I'm back..and used Magical Express..please read! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

I used ME this weekend and it was great!!

Arrived at 11:10pm (on Southwest), went to the main terminal via the monorail. CM with Mickey hands directed me to the lower level (where the rental car agencies are).

Found the ME welcome desk with no problem. Waited in line about 10 minutes, checked in (only had carryon luggage), and they directed me across the way to a line for the bus. But there wasn't a line for the bus! I walked right on to a waiting bus. After about 7 minutes (I was the last one to board, there were about 20 other people on) we took off for CBR and Pop. Arrived at Pop maybe 45 after getting off my plane!

Going back to MCO was just as easy. I got an envelope hanging on my hotel room door the day before departure explaining what I needed to do and when I should expect to get on the bus (3 hrs before departure). Day of departure I dropped my luggage off at Baggage Services, went to DTD for some last minute shopping, then came back to POP, got my luggage and waited for the bus. It came about a 1/2 hr late but that was fine with me -- less time to wait in the airport!

So, service was great and I would use it again. The only snag I saw was... when I was checking my luggage the last morning after checkout, there was a long, slow moving line to check luggage in (for participating airlines) and to check in for a flight. People were waiting quite a while for that.

HTH!
    TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

We used ME on our last trip and all I have to say is it was just like the name implies, Magical and Express. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Question

I'm using Spirit, which is a non-participating airline, and was wondering if I would be dropped off at Spirit's check-in counter. Or is everyone dropped off at a centralized location and you're on your own to find your airline?
    Nov. '98, DxL
    Nov. '00 DxL
    Nov. '01, ASMo
    Nov. '02, WL
    Dec. '03 PO-R
    Sept. '04, SSR; Nov. '04, OKW
    Aug. '05, SSR; Nov. '05, SSR
    Aug. 06, SSR; Nov. '06, OKW
    June '07, VWL; Nov. '07, SSR
    Aug. '08, AKV; Oct. '08, SSR
    June '09, OKW & AKV; Oct. '09 SSR
    Aug '10, SSR & AKV

Post Thanks / Like

ME drops off at Terminal A and Terminal B, on the level where the check-in desks are. I was on Southwest and had only a short walk to the Southwest area.

HTH!
    TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Patti:
    I'm using Spirit, which is a non-participating airline, and was wondering if I would be dropped off at Spirit's check-in counter. Or is everyone dropped off at a centralized location and you're on your own to find your airline?
    You will be dropped off on the B side of the airport but on the lower level. This is the ony area our buses are allowed in due to weight limits on the upper levels. Elevators are close by, you just need to head to the 3rd level for ticketing.

Post Thanks / Like

Used ME a week ago...

We didn't get our tags so we picked up our own luggage and took it to ME. No one in the terminal directing anyone on May 14th when we arrived. Had to find it ourselves. Once there, the check in was quick and we were on our bus to OKW within about 10 minutes, with our luggage under the bus.

When we arrived at OKW there were HUGE piles of luggage to be delivered to rooms. The CM that drove us to our rooms told us we were REALLY LUCKY that we handled our own luggage - the Mears people were 60 HOURS BEHIND in delivering luggage to people and he had people that had been there three days before they got their luggage. We didn't ever hear this anyplace else, just from the one CM.

We hauled our own luggage (on ME) back to the airport. I was going to check it at the resort since we were on American Airlines, but our party was heading three different ways when we returned and feared that if something got lost we'd have a mess. None of us lived in the city of our desitination airport.

IMHO ME worked terrific for us. The busses were quick, things went well, and people were efficient. We were IN THE PARK at MK two hours after our plance landed and MCO and it didn't cost us a dime.

Not sure what to recommend about the tages - since we never got ours, I don't have any first hand experience with them handling the bags - only what the CM told us.
    Honor the past, challenge the present, plan for the future. DVC Owner, WDW 16 trips, DL 5 trips.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by TCLites:
    the Mears people were 60 HOURS BEHIND in delivering luggage
    I just want to point out that Mears does not handle the luggage. This is done by another company. The only luggage handled by Mears employees is the luggage placed underneath the buses.

Post Thanks / Like

Be aware that the "well meaning" cast member who told you that likely didn't know what he was talking about and even if he did, he was out of line. There are so many cast members at WDW and the gossip machine is high, you wouldn't believe the outlandish rumors that fly around that place. I am not shocked that they have had some problems with the delivery, but to imply that it is widespread is irresponsible.
    Former Cast Member
    Mom of a pooh nut!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: