Quantcast Stroller Help Needed - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

We're thinking of bringing our Jeep jogging stroller. Is this a bad idea? Is it too big? Is it likely to get swiped?

I'm worried about the flimsiness of an umbrella stroller. I'm hoping to use the stroller to store the diapers and stuff we have to carry with us.

Our son will be 15 months when we go.
    "Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas"
    "Go out there and kick some alien butt!"
    "That looks like water, but really it isn't."

DVC Member at Boardwalk
    84, 90, 92, 96, 94, 97 - off site
    98 DL Paris
    Many since then at BWV, OKW, and WLV.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Goodness!!! I'm gonna have to print out these replies to remember all these wonderful tips...lightweight stroller with basket and canopy cover, plastic cover for rain, lightweight blanket! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I do remember from our first family trip in 1990, we brought an umbrella stroller with us for our then 3 year, 10 month old DD. I didn't know if we needed a stroller or not, but brought it just in case. Boy, was I glad we had one. She would walk for a while and, when she got tired of walking, she would climb back in the stroller. She learned real quick how nice it was to ride and spent a bigger percentage of the time in the stroller.

Thanks again everyone!
    Heidi

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't really worry too much about it getting stolen. Until last year we took our full size Graco stroller to Disney - and let me tell you, that stroller traveled alot of miles over a four-trip period! It was great for DS because we could put it in the recline position and he could take naps whenever he got tired. It was great for us because we could put a collapsible cooler, lightweight blanket to drape over the top to protect him from the sun, spray fan, snacks, camcorder bag draped over the handle and anything else we needed in the bottom - oh yeah, lots of WIPES! [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]

My suggestion is to take what you are comfortable with. Many people have alot of good luck with the umbrella strollers, but it wouldn't have been a good choice for us. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Oh, and one other thing - birds love to "splat" on freshly washed stroller covers. The plastic cover (or cloth diapers) is a MUST!

[ May 13, 2005, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: KylesMom ]
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

we rented a stroller last time we went and the dd's were 3 and 5. we had the nicer umbrella stroller (did not take to disney) and used it until the wheels fell off!! about 40 new and worth every penny!!!!

as an aside..... my SIL wondered if we would rent one this time when kids are 6 & 8!! people don't really let kids that old ride in strollers do they??? she said she remembered having to carry her youngest (9) around for part of the day. i told her my kids were too old to be carried and way tooo old for stroller!!! guess i am a meanie eh??
    GO CARDINALS GO RAMS
    OFFSITE 1983
    OFFSITE 2001
    POR 2005 -- 9/28-10/4
    CBR 2011 -- 10/7-10/12

Post Thanks / Like

On our last trip, I took a double stroller, even though I did not have twins. One seat was for my preschooler and the other seat helped carry our bags. The one seat folded down so my daughter could stretch out for a nice nap. We also eventually rented a stroller when my 5 year old son needed a rest.
    " But you see, I have the other slipper! "

1987 - Off Site
    1995 - Off Site
    2001 - All-Star Sports
    2005 - All-Star Music
    Next Trip - September 2009 - Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

If you buy an umbrella stroller get one of those clip on sunshades! Learned that lesson the hard way. [img]redface.gif[/img]

I have two kids and I found the double stroller rental to be just the ticket at MK. My kids (5&2 at the time) took a great afternoon nap and I am getting another one this year.
    '76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Yaaaaaaah!!!! More GREAT tips!!!!

Got another question: Do ya'll leave all the bags (camera bags, diaper bags, merchandise bags, etc.), in the stroller, when you leave it parked to go on an attraction, or do you take all these bags with you? This can really make you want to downsize how much is stuffed in the baskets!

Thanks again!
    Heidi

TiggerRPh Guest

Cool

We send most of our merchandise back to the room...but what we have unless it's expensive, we leave. I don't carry a camera bag....I keep my cameras with me...when we had a diaper bag...we left that.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen some good light weight strollers, try to get one that has a little tray for the little one. If not they sell snack cup/toy bars you can strap on. I would also suggest the mesh bag that you can strap on to the handles. They also make cup holders that snap-on to the handles. I was told that when I go down to bring a plastic table cloth to cover the stroller when you have to leave it outside in case it rains. Have fun.
    Coreen

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: