Quantcast What to do the first day/night.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We are going to WDW the first week in June (4-10), plane lands at 2:27 PM, using the disney transportation, so not sure when we will get to our room (staying at Pop Century).

This is our first trip to WDW and for the most part our first real vacation. Will be myself, DW, DD (11) and DS (7).

Any ideas or suggestions on what to see that first day/night (a Sat), would like a special way to kick the whole thing off.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We're arriving 2 weeks after you but a bit earlier in the day (10 am landing).

Give 2 hours from landing until you check in. This way you don't feel like you are rushed. So figure you'll be checked in around 5.

If you have the time on your ticket, I'd suggest EPCOT or MGM, as MK is busy on Saturdays according to Disney and AK closes early. If you can, stay for the show - Illuminations or Fantasmic. It's quite a good way to start the vacation.

If you don't have enough days on your ticket to use one for just an evening, the hotels are fun. We love doing the pool and arcades as a way to unwind and get into the "Vacation Mood".

One piece of advice - don't try to do EVERYTHING. It'll kill you.
    It's JUNE!!!<br /><br />Is it Saturday yet???

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing Hoop Dee Doo review is a good way to start out the vacation. Or you could see Cirque Du Solei. A cheaper alternative would be go to go downtown disney for the night, which is what we often do.

If you go you could check out Goofy's candy shop and get some yummy Slushies. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thanks for the quick reply, we have the WYW 7 day with park hopper option, so i am pretty sure we could go to a park. I have a PS for the Fantasmic dinner package on Sunday. Epcot sounds good.

Post Thanks / Like

We are getting in on the 7th at much the same time. We got a PS at ohanas and are going to eat a nice dinner and watch the fireworks and water parade from the beach. That way we get a nice first night, get a good nights sleep and we are at the gates for opening of MK the next morning!
    '76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from a fellow Kentuckian. We like to visit Epcot's World showcase on our first evening. It is a bit more low key and has lots of good dining options. We usually leave Louisville at the crack of dawn and we have found that it is fun to stroll around the countries and leave Future World for another day when you will have more energy! We did this a couple of times when our kids were about the age of yours and it worked out well. Whatever you decide, have fun [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    95 - All Star Sports
    97 - Dixie Landings
    99 & 02 - WL
    04 - Poly/Disney Wonder
    04 - All Star Movies
    05 - DL Paris
    05 - WLV,1st trip as DVC Member
    06-VWL
    07 - BCV & SSR
    08 - AKL/ Wonder
    09 - BCV
    10 - BCV, SSR
    11 - Disney Drea,
    12 - HHI & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We go with a completely different mindset - and hit the Magic Kingdom as soon as we are physically able to! Kicks our vacation off on a very magical note! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I would try Epcot and see Illuminations the first night, try MS, Figgy, Test track, get as many big rides done to get the feel. Have a great trip
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

We went to the Epcot Resort area (Yacht/Beach Club and Boardwalk) the first evening and had a wonderful dinner and walked on the boardwalk.
    1973 - Off Site
    1979 - Contemporary Resort
    1983- Off Site
    7/1994 - Port Orleans
    6/2003 - Off Site
    3/2005 - Coronado Springs Resort (5 Nights)
    April/May 2006 - Wilderness Lodge (8 Nights)
    Nov/Dec. 2007- Boardwalk (7 Nights)
    Next Trip: Nov/Dec 2010-Yacht Club (6 Nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

We love PC [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

Since you have a day of "rushed" travel, I would suggest a relaxing evening at one of the pools. If you have enough energy, a surrey bike ride is always a fun thing to do. Enjoy your trip! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow...

Post Thanks / Like

We too like to hang out at the pool and then eat a nice dinner at our resort or one of the other Disney Resorts! Last trip we had dinner at Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was a great way to kick start our vacation!
    August, 2000 - Land & Sea Cruise
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    January, 2006 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    November, 2007 - Wilderness Lodge
    Coming Soon...December, 2012 - Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

Travel days can be very tiring & rushed. Last year we checked into our hotel around 3 and spent the afternoon exploring our resort, taking a monorail ride around the MK resorts & to EPCOT and back just so we could experience Disney. A swim in the pool, dinner and early to bed to get ready for the full days of being in the parks.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

My family was first timers to disney,except for me DS 12, DD 8. We went to DD and saw the cir de solia show and walked around DD after the show. We had the cheap seats and my kids LOVED it. My DW and I thought the show was worth every penny.

Post Thanks / Like

We are a family that hits the ground running. Even though we normall don't get into Orlando until around 6 PM we head straight to the resort, check in, and then head to EPCOT to eat and watch Illuminations. On one trip we went to the Boardwalk and spent the evening as well. That was fun and more relaxing.

Post Thanks / Like

Since you probably won't get to your resort until later in the day, I wouldn't use a whole day's park ticket to go to a park for the evening. Unless you go for the extended hours. But since you are probably going to be tired from traveling, I wouldn't recommend that.
    You could go soak in the atmosphere of Downtown Disney or the Boardwalk and grab a quick supper or a nicer one, depending on what's available.
    Whatever you do, have fun.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We always take it easy the first day. Explore the hotel, maybe hit the pool, and then go to DTD for some shopping and dinner! It's nice to visit World of Disney early in the trip, so you don't need to spend as much time in the park gift shops.
    --Pat / HooksLeftHand

"I'd like to take a moment to point out some of our native plants...There's one over there...there's one...there's another."

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by june05trip:
    Thanks for the quick reply, we have the WYW 7 day with park hopper option, so i am pretty sure we could go to a park. I have a PS for the Fantasmic dinner package on Sunday. Epcot sounds good.
    If you have 7-day tickets with Park Hopping, and you're only going to be there 7 days, I would probably go to a park when you arrive unless you have (or intend to get) the no expiration option since the 7-days are only good for 14 days from your first use.

There are no evening Extra Magic Hours that day, so I would probably go to Epcot and wonder around World Showcase. If you plan to eat at a sit-down restaurant that evening, I would suggest making an Advanced Dining Reservation (Priority Seating) to insure you are seated where and when you want to be (particularly since it's a Saturday evening during the last weekend of the Flower & Garden festival).
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

We usually check-in, get a snack (and refillable mugs) at our hotel, unpack, and then head over to Epcot for the evening. Illuminations and a great dinner are a wonderful way to start your vacation.
    Poly 3/97, Poly 1/98, Poly 2/99, Poly 2/00, Poly 9/03,
    POR & Poly 9/05, POR & Poly 9/06
    , Poly 9/07
    Poly 9/08, POR & Poly 8/10, POR & Poly 8/13, Heading back POR & Poly Concierge 8/15

Post Thanks / Like

We like to check in early (we drive over from Daytona beach so can get in whenever we want). The 'official' check in isn't until 3 pm, but the resorts will issue your tickets and store your luggage. We head straight for the Magic Kingdom. [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] I like to have dinner at our resort the first night.

Post Thanks / Like

In September, we, too, will be visiting WDW for the first time. We should arrive mid-afternoon and plan to play mini-golf, get familiar with the different modes of transportation(especially the monorail) and check out DTD our first half-day there. We have MYW 7-day tickets with the dining plan and want to save the park tickets for full days. Have a great trip! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: