Quantcast What is your favorite $$ saving tip? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have a car Eat breakfast and dinner off site. This can be a big savings.
    Hugpug

Have stayed at FW,ASM,POP,WL,CS,POR,POFQ,CB,POLY,Grovesnor,Offsit e over the years past. LOVED THEM ALL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Drink water.

Buying soda/pop/tonic in the parks means an added $8 or so to the price of lunch for four. Two such meals a day, plus a 'snack' drink, and it's $24 a day you save. 6 days, and it's almost $150 savings.

Plus, it's better for you, even if the Florida water can't compete with that of the natural springs here in New England. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    "It's a girl! A girl? In the castle? She's the one...the one we have been waiting for!"

'74 Int'l Drive
    '83 FW
    '86 LBV
    '92 Offsite @ Christmas (never again!)
    '01 One day! :(
    '03 POFQ with my 2 DDs
    '08 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We stop at the Publix and by breakfast items, water, Gatorade, snacks, etc. and have breakfast in the room. Have light snacks at the [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] parks. We pack water and Gatorade for the four of us in the backpacks.

We do not go out early to the parks because we do like to sleep in late, since the remainder of the year our daily routine is hectic. Have a big dinner at the parks or DTD or resort. We save $$$.

Post Thanks / Like

We bring our own disposable rain ponchos (since we go in the summer and there is always rain). Since there are four of us, we save a lot of money. The ponchos we bring cost less than a dollar and we can throw them away each day and use a new one the next.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't take your wife.
    Off with his head!!
    "...Every hour spent together, stays within my heart..."

Post Thanks / Like

Some of this will be repeats, some not...

- We bring a couple bottles of water (the BIG ones) and refill them at drinking fountains throught the parks (we fly in, so we don't have enough room for a case of water, we can only fit like 4 bottles).
    - LOTS of snacks - beef jerkey, crackers, chips, cookies, nuts, etc. to bring into the parks. We have a nibble when we leave the resort, have an early-ish lunch (11-11:30) and either get a cheaper meal or split what we get then we have a snack mid-afternoon and eat dinner later on.
    - Eat dinner at value dining areas, like Pecos Bill or La Cantina de San Angel... Oh, and your resort food court, of course... Save the fancier restaurants for a few special meals, not an everyday thing...
    - If the idea of drinking water at every meal doesn't appeal to you buy one of those mugs for your resort that you can refill countless times.
    - Keep an eye on what you want at all the parks while you're there and then hit DTD on the last day to buy what ya want. This way you won't overspend on spur of the moment purchases.
    - Bring your own poncho!! [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img]
    Coming up - 2006: Port Orleans French Quarter<br />2003: All Star Movies - he proposed!! (c:<br />2000: Coronado Springs<br />1992: Dixie Landings<br />1990: Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

We get an annual pass so that we can save money on hotel, next trip, and treasures at WoD.

We shop at the outlet malls.

We eat fast food off site for dinners, like Chik-fil-a.

We have a credit card that has points you rack up. They send a catalog of things you can buy w/ your points. We use the points on a rental car. We haven't had to pay for a car for our last trips and its save a whole heap of $$. This way, when we eat off site, we're saving even more $$!!!

If you see something on sale, buy it, cuz there's a very good chance that it won't be on sale somewhere else.

Buy airline tickets as early as possible. Now, with gas prices so high, we've saved nearly $400 a person by getting our tickets in Jan. for our trip on May 28!

Ask for gift checks, gift certificate, and gift cards for Christmas and birthdays. Save them for the trip. Heck, you can eat at Chili's for nothing if you do that! Pluss most fast food chains have gift certificates, especially around the holidays. There's McDonald's, Chick-fil-a, Taco Bell, Fazoli's.. sky's the limit!

Bring water bottles in the parks... that saves a lot. Eat breakfast in the room.

We only eat one or 2 "disney" meals.. meaning sit down meals... usually its a breakfast buffet, and we try to do a family style or buffet dinner.. that way, you get to eat all you want!

Split even the counter service meals. My dad and i share a chicken strip basket and a large drink so its cheaper. Also, the kids meals are cheaper and fill me up well, especially if you drink as much as i do (water or pop i mean).

Speaking of kids meals, if the meal comes in some sort of suvenier(sp?) case like a box or something, ask if you can just get the meal, there's a good chance you can save money buy not getting it. I've heard that most places will do that for you.

We go to the Dollar Tree (i don't know if its a national chain, but its here in north Texas.) and get supplies for our trip. Everything's a dollar and its not cheapie stuff either. They have name brand shampoos and soaps. They have brushes and stuff. The best thing is they have panchos, and they come in cute colors that are 2 for a dollar. They're disposable, so we'll pack those.

If you live by a Disney Store, secretly buy some stuff for little ones. At night, there's those littke wands that have a character on it and you push a button and lights spin around... they can be expensive in the parks. They sell them at the DS, and I'm sure cheaper. During the night, kids will want one... (i don't have kids, but this is what I'd do), when he starts seeing the kids getting theirs, he'll want one... what you do is go and say you'll be right back, but have it in a bag w/ you. Say gone a while and come back w/ it. That way, he'll get one, and you wouldn't have to spend a lot of money. Same thing w/ stuffed animals and such.

Umm.. i think thats all for now.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

I have done the trick where you schedule the last lunch seating time and order the buffet. You're first plate will be off the lunch buffet. Shortly they will change to the dinner buffe which you can also eat off. You will only be charged the lunch price. I did this at Norway and enjoyed the salmon at lunch.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Buy childrens autograph books off-site. The Wal-mart in Kissimmee has a section of Disney related items. The autograph books have disney characters printed on the covers and are significantly less expensive but just as nice as those sold on property. Also, get a pen large enough for the characters to handle.

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    It's not 'work' if your doing something you enjoy. Let's just say that I 'work' 5 days out of every 7.

And why do I work? So that I can take my family to WDW, silly goose!

00 - Swan
    03 - Caribbean Beach
    04 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    06 - POR
    07 - Contemporary
    08 - POR
    09 - POR
    2010 - Disney Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

If you don't like drinking water every meal you can put instant tea in a zip-lock bag and add it to your water. I also bought disney t-shirts on sale at the disney store before we left. The t-shirts were on sale for $4 each.
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

This year my children are earning their own money to take in June. They have already been told when it is gone there will be no more. Also I have told them we will not buy one thing until the last day. This way they can look at everything and decide what they really want. Even my 10 yo was fine with this. I realize this is not for everyone and we have not actually tried it out, but I am hoping...

Post Thanks / Like

When we eat in the parks(fast food)we ask for the meal w/o the chips or fries...saves a couple of dollars per meal...often purchase kids meals for adults, unless hungry for more...Tommorwland Terrace at MK, my son asks for a toasted bun and a side of bacon for $2.10, the goes to the magnificent condiments bar and makes a huge BLT, sometimes a large fresh veggie sandwich..all for 2 bucks!

Post Thanks / Like

We take a small carry on size bag with snacks and fruit in it. Once its gone we use the bag to bring back our souvenirs! (Or more likely our dirty laundry! [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] )
    '76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: