Quantcast Worst thing you forgot? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot Advil one trip. I had HORRIBLE abdominal cramps one day at Epcot. We were at the Land and I couldn't stand it anymore. I had to walk all the way over to First Aid (Near mexico) in severe pain and atrocious(sp?) heat. It felt like i was walking the whole WS!

My mom left her DL on the plane on the way home from WDW. Doesn't sound bad right? But she and i had to leave the next morning for NYC and she didn't have it! We got on the plane using her social security card and her ID from the school she taught at.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

On our last trip, we forgot our Disney rewards points debit card. We had accumulated ~$200 worth of points on our Disney Visa, which we were going to use on souvenirs. Bank One sent us the debit card; I looked at it and put it on my desk at home. Sure enough, we forgot it. I asked a family member at home to mail it POFQ.
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Last trip I forgot a bag at the Orlando airport, Thank God I gave the airline my cell number as a contact. We had just sat down for lunch at Steak & Shake when they called me and we had to drive all the way back to the airport.
    years ago, we checked out of the hotel, left our luggage with Bell service and went to DTD before the plane home. My son was still in a booster seat and I had packed a change of clothes for him at DTD because I knew he would play in the fountains. Well, after a fun day of playing in the fountains I realized I left his change of clothes at the hotel. Not wanting to get his booster seat all wet for the ride home, I stripped him and he rode back to the hotel naked. Well, you should have seen the look on the valet's face when we pulled up to get the luggage and my son jumped out of the car naked. It was memorable to say the least. He is now almost 16 and we still laugh about it!
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember ever having completely forgotten to pack something to take, although I frequently forget to carry specific things into the park with me (they are back in my room, I just don't take them with me to the parks). Examples of these items are film (very expensive in the park, although not an issue with my digital camera), lip balm, and my prescription sunglasses.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

The last time I was in WDW, we stayed 1 week onsite and 1 week offsite at Marriott's Cypress Harbour. They have an in-room safe. The instructions on the safe for when you check-out is just to leave the key in the keyhole of the safe. So that's what I did......unfortunately I had attached the safe key onto my car/house key ring so when I got home after our flight back, I had to climb through a window to get inside. I called Marriott and they mailed me my keys [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    VMK ID: Punchcat

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by DisneyOrlando:
    The last time I was in WDW, we stayed 1 week onsite and 1 week offsite at Marriott's Cypress Harbour. They have an in-room safe. The instructions on the safe for when you check-out is just to leave the key in the keyhole of the safe. So that's what I did......unfortunately I had attached the safe key onto my car/house key ring so when I got home after our flight back, I had to climb through a window to get inside. I called Marriott and they mailed me my keys [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    HAHA!! Thats the best post by far. Thank God they were able to send them back home! [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Apr 87 - Offsite
    Mar 92 - Offsite
    Jul 99 - Offsite
    Aug 99 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    Jul 03 - ASMu
    Aug 05 - Pop Century
    May 07 - ASSp
    Aug 08 - Poly/ASMu
    Mar 09 - Pop
    Sept 10 - Pop
    Oct-Nov 11 - Pop
    Nov 13 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
    Jun-Jul 14 - ASSp
    Jun 15 - Pop
    Aug 15 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

underwear [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

The battery charger for our video camera. I tried and failed to buy one in Florida. We got some video but we had to ration the battery usage. It was horrible.
    [img]graemlins/tiki.gif[/img]
    It's not 'work' if your doing something you enjoy. Let's just say that I 'work' 5 days out of every 7.

And why do I work? So that I can take my family to WDW, silly goose!

00 - Swan
    03 - Caribbean Beach
    04 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    06 - POR
    07 - Contemporary
    08 - POR
    09 - POR
    2010 - Disney Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

For some reason I always forget my bathing suit... And hair elastics.

Post Thanks / Like

I got to the airport for our honeymoon trip. My mom and her boyfriend came in the car with us, I drove. I always placed my wallet in the middle console. We all got out of the car, unloaded the luggage and as they pulled away I realized my wallet was still in the car. Mom did not have her cell turned on.

I called my F-I-L, he drove up to my moms house to await their arrival back from the airport (A 45 minute to 1 hour drive depending on traffic). He grabbed the wallet from them as soon as they pulled in the driveway and he booted it back to the airport (Obeying the speed limits of course!).

In a relay fashion the wallet was handed over to me, DH and I ran to customs, we ran to the bording gate.....our flight turned out to be delayed at the last minute. We ended up being 6 hours delayed - there was no restaurant opened inside the gates, the vending machines were all down the hall and outside of the gates and we were unable to reach them - unless we wanted to leave through customs and come back in through customs. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

We checked in extremely late at CBR (Around 0300 in the am), and we had a horrible time at CBR.

Moral of the story - make sure you take your ID on vacation!

Our last trip DH forgot to pack the toothbrushes (Hey, I packed almost everything else for the trip!) No big deal, a quick visit to Walmart and the problem was solved.

How do you pack your laundry detergent? Do you bring powder or liquid? I'm so afraid that it will leak into the suitcase!
    I bought the tabs and keep them in a cupboard in my laundry room until we head out for vacation, or I just buy a small bottle at Walmart or Publix.
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

One time I forgot shirts for myself.
    We were spending a few days at one of the resorts for my sons 7th b'day. I was fanatacial about making sure we had everything. Even the cooler and sodas (we're Pepsi drinkers).
    We get to POR and the next morning I realized I had no shirts to wear!!!! I had to run down to the gift shop. We only live 40 minutes away but it would've taken something away from the magic had I gone home.

Vacation Dad Guest

Originally posted by Beast_fanatic:
    lip balm, and my prescription sunglasses.
    I can see we have a lot in common. Forgot my lip balm in Vegas. $5.50 in the gift shop at the Luxor. Ouch!

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by CivilE:
    underwear [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    That is my husbands worse fear! He packs his carry on bag with all of his underwear so it won't get lost! LOL!

The first and only time we drove to WDW, se were going the last part of the month and into the beginning of the next. My Birthday had just passed and DH said he would put on my new license plate sticker. We never thought about it until we got all the way to FL from MI! We got ahold of my SIL and she mailed it too us! We were afraid that if we drove home without it, we would get a ticket in every state! Talk about an uneeded expense!
    Cyndi
    aka Maia and Lindsay's Mom

Up next: Caribbean Beach, December 2014

Post Thanks / Like

On our last DCL I forgot not one but three things!! It was awful.

My DH was working in Florida due to the hurricanes so I had to pack certain items for him. I forgot his dress shoes.

I also forgot the digital camera battery recharger.

And last but not least...the wonderful walkie talkies we bought just for the cruise...I left them in the cabinet.

It is a wonder I made it to Florida. Hey but we still had a great time.

Oh yeah...I was suppose to meet my IL's at 6:00 the night before we were leaving...I finally got there at 9:30.

Post Thanks / Like

E-mail addresses for sending photo-cards at Epcot, and labels for postcards.

SIZES for little people I promised to bring T-shirts back to.

I'm sure there's more, but I FORGOT ! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

I packed a nearly EMPTY bottle of deoderant for an August trip. Needless to say, I had to immediately run out and find a substitute.

Never again.....
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Money

I was 18, had saved $700.00 for my first "Adult" vacation, I had $200.00 in cash and $500.00 in travelers checks. Forgot the travelers checks on my dresser. Didn't realize till the 2nd day I was missing anything. My mother had to send them to me. I used my debit and credit cards till the money got to me. I was paying for that trip for quite awhile.

Haven't forgetten money since, but 10 years later I still get told "Don't forget your money?"
    Meaghan (Meag)

VMK Name - Meag

DVC Member since '99 Home:Boardwalk

Next WDW Vacation: Unknown...how sad

Post Thanks / Like

I have never forgotten them, but it is my biggest fear of leaving our contact lenses at home! DD, DS and I all wear them. The three blind mice would do a better job getting around than we would!!!
    I'm so neurotic that I usually pack a six month supply....for each of us [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img] Then to top it off, I put some in each suitcase and some in my purse. You never know when your luggage could be lost!

[ May 07, 2005, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: decowoman ]
    Previous Trips:
    June 07-BW
    Aug. 06-POR DD,Me! (rm 8563,again!)
    Dec. 05-CR-DH,DD,ME! (rm. 7284)
    Nov. 05-POR- DD,Me! (rm. 8563)
    Aug. 05 POFQ DH ,Me (rm. 2106)
    Sept.04 Poly DH,Me (rm. 3609)
    Dec. 03 Cont. Family trip (rm. 7107)
    Oct. 01 Off Site...1st trip ever!

Post Thanks / Like

We sometimes drive to Vancouver and stay overnight at a friends before leaving for Orlando. Once when the cab dropped us off at the airport I realized my video camera was at her house. Without enough time to go back for it we had to make plans to rent one in Orlando. We wasted a whole morning waiting for it's delivery at our resort.

Another time I forgot my sunglasses, but those were easily replaced in comparison.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot my sunglasses once. No biggie.

My friend's son (15) forgot his underwear. Poor guy. He washed his underwear out every night and hung them up to dry. We looked everywhere and couldn't find any. Plenty of girls underwear but none for a teenage or adult male. The last day as we were packing to leave, his sister found all his underwear in an inside zipped pocket of a suitcase! I thougt it was hilarious...but I did feel bad for him.
    Beth

Feb 2001 - All Star Movies
    March 2003 - Caribbean Beach
    Oct 2003 - All Star Movies
    Feb 2005 - Pop
    Dec 2005 - AKL
    Oct 2006 - Old Key West
    Jan 2007 - Boardwalk Villas
    Feb 2007 - Pop
    Sep 2007 - Old Key West
    Feb 2008 - Old Key West
    June 2009 - Old Key West & 3-day Cruise!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: