Quantcast New must take packing list.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

There was a topic started months ago about things to take with you to WDW. Great ideals, great snacks, strange things you bring and why ect. I was hoping we could start it again. Last year I over packed ( first vacation EVER) four bags for myself and 8yr old. And it was much to HOT [img]graemlins/thedolls.gif[/img] to wear more than half of it. This year less is more.

[img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] 35 days and counting

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I learned after moving to FLA is to dress in layers. Start off with a tshirt and add a jacket or sweatshirt in the morning. By midmorning, you won't need the second layer, but by 5 or 6 o'clock that evening, you'll need it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I have a few things I ALWAYS take on a Disney vacation:

extra socks and comfy shoes

a light jacket for evening or cold AC

small bills for tipping and coins for the toll roads

a paperback book to read if the lines are long

cell phone charger

corkscrew (to enjoy wine in the hotel room)
    WDW Trips:<br /><br />1979 (offsite)<br />1986 (offsite)<br />1991 (Disney Inn)<br />1995 (All Star Movies)<br />1996 (Caribbean Beach)<br />2000 (offsite)<br />2001 (offsite)<br />2002 (offsite)<br />2003 (AKL/WL)<br />2004 (offite)<br />coming up: April/May 2005 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

How about a rain pancho, handheld fan, a good pair of DARK sunglasses and lots of baggies to hold all of those little things that make it into the backpack.

We also take an extra pair of tennis shoes because if your shoes get wet, chances are they won't be dry by morning.
    4/94 DD Marriott
    10/96 DD Marriott
    6/98 ASSp
    5/00 AsMv
    6/02 POR
    7/04 CBR
    12/04 GF
    6/05 Pop
    10/06 DD Hilton
    12/06 BC
    10/07 YC
    12/07 BC
    10/08 POFQ
    12/08 BC
    12/09 Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Must haves:

1.Don't bring any shoes that aren't well worn in.

2.Don't forget the sunscreen.

3.Sunglasses/sun visors.

4.Foot powder (multiple uses).

5.Ziplock type baggies.

6.Vaseline (multiple uses).

7.Light clothing, one light jacket.

8.Swimsuits.

9.Face/body lotion (for the sunburn).

10.Camera/film/memory

11.Advil/aspirin

That's about it for things I make sure I have on top of the obvious stuff like money [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ April 19, 2005, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Ayndi ]
    Former VMK nic : majolica
    Native Floridian.

Post Thanks / Like

We always bring 1 or 2 coolers, the kind with a handle and wheels. We tape them up and check them at the airport. No cold stuff or ice, just dry goods. We always make a grocery stop for milk, juice, lunch meet, etc. We normally go for about 10 days and this is an alternative to eating out every meal. Saves $ and can be much more relaxing than waiting in line at counter service, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I heard a good glide on deodrant is great for your feet!! No sweatie feet this way.

Post Thanks / Like

Clothespins are great for keeping those heavy drapes closed (if your kids are taking a nap or just for those people who like to sleep in a bit).

Skirt hangers (with the two clasps on them) are great for hanging bathing suits up and not just over the shower--they dry faster, too!!

Your own coffee if you must have a good cup in the morning (most of the resorts use Nescafe--at least I think they still do).

SUNSCREEN..need I say more??

Extra bags for dirty laundry, extra garbage, etc.

We always bring coloring pages and a couple of ziplocs of five crayons each and bring them to the parks. This way, if we do go to a nicer restaurant, our kids are occupied and happy.

Quarters: for the soda machine, laundry room, game room, etc.

We always bring post cards that are addressed and stamped already. You can get Disney postcards at the Disney store (at least you used to be able to). This way, we just put a brief message and mail them out as we want. (And we don't forget anyone!!)
    "...Every hour spent together, stays within my heart..."

Post Thanks / Like

Brita Water bottles. And definitely ADVIL or some pain killer. Heat gives me such a headache. And zip lock bags. Lots of different uses for them. Moleskin for blisters.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Safety pins

And might I add that I just ran off and grabbed the phone charger and tossed it in the suitcase. I can't believe I'd forgotten. WHEW! Close call!
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting my stuff together too--leaving early Tuesday am. I learned from Nascar races to take a small kit with band aids and sealed wet-wipes and even antibiotic wipes. If you have asthma, make sure you actally put your inhaler in the pack you take with you to the park. Chances are there are different plants blooming in FL than at home, and the inhaler does you no good in the suitcase (as my DH as learned). Put chap stick in your pack, too. The sun really makes your lips dry.
    Bev

1995 Off Site
    1996 Caribbean Beach
    2005 Coronado Springs

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has seemed to cover the important things, one more thing that is a must pack for me is pennies and quarters ( I start putting aside all my shinny pennies when we start planning a trip) for the penny stretching machines ! My kids love them, and what a cheap souvenier!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] They have a book to put them in and are always trying to find ones they don't have.

Post Thanks / Like

Small size bottle of hand soap (the kind you don't need water with). It fits right in the backpack. With kids running their hands along the railings in all the lines, it't nice to pull it out when we grab a bite to eat. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Grumpy's Wife<br /><br />Countless times as a child<br />1988 Fort Wilderness<br />1991 Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)<br />1998 Caribbean Beach<br />2003 Grosvenor Resort (Downtown Disney)<br />2006 February

Chicagoland, but Southerner by the grace of God
    Post Thanks / Like

In addition to the stuff mentioned above, we usually bring a few small packs of wet wipes, antibacterial hand cleanser, our own sports bottles to fill with water throughout the day (I don't need a Brita filter...I grew up in Kissimmee so I'm used to how the water tastes), and pre-filled envelopes for tipping mousekeeping daily.
    Staci (a.k.a. Rowan & Tara's mom)<br />"Come on everybody. Here we go!!!"<br />==============<br />Too many past trips to count.<br />1st week of December '05 (GF Concierge)<br />==============<br />Go Navy<br />Roll Tide

BostonChic Guest

Smile

I always go and buy new cosmetics(shampoo,soap,toothpaste).SUNSCREEN for the kids.I always bring my son's(3ys)birth cert.+insurance card actually our's too.Two bathing suits for a swap each day.Last is an extra carry-on for souvaniers!Can't wait for September [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of good ideas. Here are some suggestions for you summer vacationers from someone who often spends hours in very hot Texas summers (me):
    1. Underarmour (or a reasonable facsimile like Starter) is a great invention that will keep you cool and dry.
    2. DRINK WATER. If you normally carry a backpack, consider a Camelbak product like the HAWG. It will carry everything you need, plus 3 litres of water, and is a good compact package.
    3. Wear comfortable shoes like running shoes or lightweight hiking boots. Some people say they love sandals, but for lots of walking, you really need cushion and support.
    4. DRINK WATER. There are plenty of water fountains around to fill up your bottles
    5. Change your socks. Cotton socks are good, but the best are socks with wool blends - they will keep your feet dry and prevent blisters.
    6. Wear sunscreen. If you have a bald spot like me (okay, it's my whole head) then take a hat or slather that sunscreen on your noggin. Sunburns ruin any trip.
    7. DRINK WATER. Did I say that already?
    AP Platinum/Florida resident

Post Thanks / Like

With 3 young children, I've learned to take fewer clothes and more laundry detergient.

I also take my laptop, so we can look at our photos more clearly each evening. After having a memory card go bad on the trip home from our beach vacation last summer, I need to be reassured that this won't happen again.
    Squeaky Mouse

Too Many Trips to List (PAP holders)

Upcoming:
    Spring Break -- POP
    May -- AKL ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: