Quantcast Gas prices from Wisconsin to Florida- update!! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

In Illinois, I have seen prices varying from 2.30 to around 2.59 for regular unleaded. It has been this way for about the past month. The more expensive prices are seen near the larger cities at the gas stations that are just off the interestate.

March 2017 - Pop Century
    November 2015 - Caribbean Beach
    October 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
    November 2013 - POR
    May 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    October 2007 - Disneyland
    January 2005 - Riverside
    December 2004 - Riverside
    August 2000 - Coronado Springs
    December 1996 - Caribbean Beach

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

they are doing alot of work around the Indiana border but then they have been doing that for quite some time. they say that here in chicago that there are only two seasons and driving accordingly which is winter and constuction and with the somewhat mild winters we have been having they are now meshing with each other. around here too we have nightime highway lane closures and it is easier to close things at night rather that disrupting day commuters and make the traffic worse that it already is. the best bet is to get the trip tick from AAA and they will mark it accordingly.

Post Thanks / Like

Last fall driving to Cincy to meet up with a friend I thought leaving at night would be better getting around Chicago -- it was still pretty stop & go even at that time. Just more semi's and not as many cars.

Be safe on your travels !
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Melissa, what day of the week are you coming through Chicago? That could impact the amount of traffic. If it is a Friday or Saturday night traffic will be heavier due to the city's nightlife. Otherwise I would expect it to be lighter than rush hour, which is not fun. You may encounter some night time lane closures for construction. Make sure you adhere to the reduced speeds, they are much stricter now. In the past few years quite a few road workers have been hurt of killed, so the fines are much higher when speeding through those areas.
    Sharon
    * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * *~ ~ * * ~

Get me there soon or I might just go nuts!

1981 - Polynesian

2002- Wilderness Lodge

2005 - Port Orleans Riverside

2010 - POP Century

2017 in the works

Post Thanks / Like

We plan to leave on Thursday night around 10 pm which will put us into the Chicago area around 11:30 or so. I am nervous about the traffic and construction through Chicago. We are hoping that AAA will bypass us around that area. Thanks to everyone in my favorite city to the south- you are all so helpful!
    Melissa<br /><br />I am rich, my children are my treasures.<br /><br /><br />1983- offsite<br />1986- offsite<br />1990- offsite<br />1991- offsite<br />1994- offsite<br />2001- offsite<br />Feb, 2003- All Star Movies<br />May, 2005- Ft. Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, we've gotten Melissa through Illinois. Let's hear it from Tennessee and Georgia with regards to construction and travel tips.

At least you will be going before the Memorial Day/Summer gas prices really hit.
    Sharon
    * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * *~ ~ * * ~

Get me there soon or I might just go nuts!

1981 - Polynesian

2002- Wilderness Lodge

2005 - Port Orleans Riverside

2010 - POP Century

2017 in the works

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by mamacon67:

At least you will be going before the Memorial Day/Summer gas prices really hit.
    Yes, I here ya!!! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    Melissa<br /><br />I am rich, my children are my treasures.<br /><br /><br />1983- offsite<br />1986- offsite<br />1990- offsite<br />1991- offsite<br />1994- offsite<br />2001- offsite<br />Feb, 2003- All Star Movies<br />May, 2005- Ft. Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

One thing that we have to help a little with gas prices is a Shell MC, so that we at least get a 5% rebate on our statements. It is not much, but every little bit helps. It also helps that from there are Shell stations to stop at on our way from WI. Not like when we drive out west.
    Barb <br />Mom to Nicholas and Lauren <br />Adopted 9-27-01<br />Babyhouse #3 <br />Almaty, Kazakhstan

Post Thanks / Like

AAA also has a card with a low interest rate that gives you a 5% discount on gas. just call AAA and they can help you with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had to make several road trips between North and South Florida over the past few months and have watched the price of gas steadily climb.

Here in South Florida gas is between $2.29 and $2.49/gallon. In North Florida early this week it was from $2.19 to $2.29.

I've been wondering at what point will gas prices begin to affect tourism? At $2.50, $3.00? I have no doubt that we will see gas prices approach $3.00/gallon by this summer. That's going to hurt.
    Last trip: May 26-28, 2006
    DVC Members since 2001
    "When you imagine, time becomes timeless..."

Natazu Guest

Knoxville Tennessee - Interstate - $2.19 this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

I can remember WDW's first brush with fuel prices back in '73. I think that the main problem then was that you could not buy gas. Now there seems to be plenty to go around -- it is just expensive.

I just calculated the fuel cost for our upcoming trip(figuring hopefully $2.50 a gallon) it will be well north of $225 in my Avalanche.

That being said, our average Disney vacation budget is around $3500 -- an extra $100 or two will not stop us from going. What it may affect is some of the more local traffic - day trippers and such -- they may not go as often. But for me there will be no effect.

My .02
    Thanks
    Scott C
    Aug 73 - Jun 74 Off Site
    Jun 75 - Jul 84 Dutch Inn
    Oct 78 - Nov 88 Poly - Honeymoon(88)
    May 97 - May 99 - Jul 00 - Jun 05 - Sep 11
    Sep 16 - Sep18
    Dixie Landings
    Feb 02 CBR
    Feb 03 WL
    Jun 07 POP by MJ
    July 09 POFQ through Magical Journeys
    Sep 10 OKW MNSSHP by MJ
    Sep 13 Poly

Post Thanks / Like

If you are coming down the tollway, you should have no problem at mid-night. As far as the road construction, you will run into a couple of bridges that are being rebuilt in southern Illinois. Kentucky and Tennessee are smooth sailing, Georgia has a couple of sections that are under repair (19 miles +/- total). You said you were headed to I-4 off of I-75, check you map and look at the Florida Turnpike at Wildwood, this will take you to I-4 in Orlando,(tons of road construction on I-4) runs to 192 and then to World Drive. Drive safely and have a great time.
    1987-off site (Honeymoon)
    1992-off site (5/3 yr. old)
    1995/97/99 FW
    2000-WL
    2001/02/03 -FW
    2005-FW
    2008-FW(still camping w/the kids)
    2009-WL (No Kids!)
    2011-WL
    2012-WL (25th Anniv)
    2015-POFQ
    2017-30th Anniv trip w/kids & grandkids! MK for a day!
    2018-FW in OCT! (camping with MOOSE)

Post Thanks / Like

This probably won't be helpful - but you did say I could vent. I live in New Brunswick. Gas today is priced at 99.9 cents per liter - and it expected to rise over a dollar in the next few days.

I just did all the calculations - liters to US gallons - Canadian dollar to US dollars - and our gas works out to $4.62 US/gal.

I would be very excited to only pay $2.36/gal to fill my car. [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by very_excited:
    I just did all the calculations - liters to US gallons - Canadian dollar to US dollars - and our gas works out to $4.62 US/gal.
    I have a good friend who lives in Ancaster, Ontario and she tells me every week how easy I have it compared to her $4 a gallon.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by very_excited:
    This probably won't be helpful - but you did say I could vent. I live in New Brunswick. Gas today is priced at 99.9 cents per liter - and it expected to rise over a dollar in the next few days.

WOW!!!! That IS crazy!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago I traveled to Europe and noticed that gas there was $2 something a liter. It ended up being about $8.50 a gallon. I saw one sport utility the entire time I was there (11 days). Most cars look like mini-coopers. I saw one compact so small a bicycle would not fit in it. Still ***** for us because we are not use to it.

A friend who works in that business says there has been no visible change in gas usage since the prices started going up. That doesn't bode well because now they know we will continue to use it even when it costs over $2 a gallon.

Post Thanks / Like

Tennessee- Monteagle on I-24 between Nashville and Chattanooga $2.18

[ April 08, 2005, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Disneywarrior ]
    Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas! --WDW Monorail

"No matter how the wind howls, a mountain cannot bow to it." --The Emperor, Mulan

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

"it will cost us less to fly than to drive ! Plus, with the time we would have spent driving, we were able to book an extra night and use the same amount of vacation time."
    Amen to that! We havent' driven in the last 3 or 4 trips. It's just too easy with Southwest's prices out of New Orleans for us, and my DH hates to drive, so I would be doing most of it. You can't beat getting to the happiest place in the world in an hour and a half!
    Missy
    #1 LSU fan 2003 AND 2007 National Champions!

POR Feb 1997
    ASMo Dec 1999
    POR Feb 2002
    ASMovies Feb 2004
    Pop Century May 2004
    ASMovies Feb 2006
    Offsite Jan 2007
    May 2008 Swan
    May 2011 on the Dream!
    BLT July 2013
    POFQ July 2015

Post Thanks / Like

We are an hour from Disney and we are currently paying 2.20-2.25 for the cheap stuff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: