Quantcast Gas prices from Wisconsin to Florida- update!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We will be heading down to WDW in 3 1/2 weeks. We sit here with our mouths dropping as gas prices soar to $2.36 in my area of Wisconsin. Could someone help me? What are the gas prices in Illinois, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida???? Any help would be great. Oh yeah, feel free to vent if you'd like too.

[ April 15, 2005, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: scrappinqueen ]
    Melissa<br /><br />I am rich, my children are my treasures.<br /><br /><br />1983- offsite<br />1986- offsite<br />1990- offsite<br />1991- offsite<br />1994- offsite<br />2001- offsite<br />Feb, 2003- All Star Movies<br />May, 2005- Ft. Wilderness

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Can't help you in your search of gas prices, but here in Michigan it jumped from $2.21 up to $2.43 in one day. This is just get plain ridiculous. [img]graemlins/ack.gif[/img]
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

If you go to the Gasbuddy website you can click on the different states and see the high and low gas prices for different areas ... this might help in the planning if you know the route/areas you will be going through.

Post Thanks / Like

which way are you going? are you going around chicago to Indiana or though the center of Illinois to Kentucky and then down. well the gas prices here by us are 2.45 and even more down in the city. but once you pass over into Indiana they say it is less expensive but how much less I do not know. On our way down we have found the lest amt for gas is in Georgia after you pass the tennesee border and finally in GA. I think the town is like Dalton GA, we always fill up here since it is so much less expensive than other places along the way.

Post Thanks / Like

$2.15-$2.30 in sw Indiana. WARNING -- Tennessee always higher than KY or GA -- Higher Tax Rate. You Might post your route and we might be able to help you further.

Thanks
    Scott C
    Aug 73 - Jun 74 Off Site
    Jun 75 - Jul 84 Dutch Inn
    Oct 78 - Nov 88 Poly - Honeymoon(88)
    May 97 - May 99 - Jul 00 - Jun 05 - Sep 11
    Sep 16 - Sep18
    Dixie Landings
    Feb 02 CBR
    Feb 03 WL
    Jun 07 POP by MJ
    July 09 POFQ through Magical Journeys
    Sep 10 OKW MNSSHP by MJ
    Sep 13 Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Sending you a PM with a fuel cost calculator link... [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Tam
    12/03-offsite 6/04-offsite
    11/04-FW Campground
    6/05-offsite
    12/05 Magical Gathering!-House rental
    6/06-offsite 10/06-offsite
    1/08-First trip with baby!!
    Universal-11/08 HRH. Added MVMCP and a day at Epcot for my Disney fix!
    1/2010, 11/10-offsite

6/16-Booked at POP

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the same boat as you. We are leaving Friday morning and I know half of what I have put away for this trip is going to be put in the stinking gas tank.

[ April 05, 2005, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: crazycp ]
    2 days til' our first WDW trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by crazycp:
    I'm in the same boat as you. We are leaving Friday morning and I know half of what I have put away for this trip is going to be put in the stinking gas tank.
    Welcome to Intercot!!!! I'm sorry your first post has to be about the horrifying gas prices. We are pulling a 30' travel trailer behind a tahoe . Imagine my fears Enjoy your trip!!
    Melissa<br /><br />I am rich, my children are my treasures.<br /><br /><br />1983- offsite<br />1986- offsite<br />1990- offsite<br />1991- offsite<br />1994- offsite<br />2001- offsite<br />Feb, 2003- All Star Movies<br />May, 2005- Ft. Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Georgia here. Gas is around $2.09-$2.15. Of course by tomorrow that price could be completly different. (To a higher price ) It seems to go up daily! Have fun. We go in June.
    March 09 Port Orleans Riverside/Dec 08 Contemporary/Oct 08 Nick Hotel/June 08 Animal Kingdom Lodge & Hard Rock Hotel/ Oct 07 POR/ June 07 Contemporary/ Dec 06 POR/Oct 06 Pop & Nick Hotel/June 06 Pop & Royal Pacific/ Dec 05 Pop/ June 05 Pop/ May 04 Pop Century/ May 02 All Star Sports
    ROLL TIDE!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Basically, we are all in the same ballpark. I guess a few cents here and there really won't make much of a difference, I guess. I was hoping for $.95 in Georgia, $1.05 in tennessee, $.99 in Chicago- you know, wishful thinking. More money in the tank means less money to spend on fun souvineers [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Basically, we are all in the same ballpark. I guess a few cents here and there really won't make much of a difference, I guess. I was hoping for $.95 in Georgia, $1.05 in tennessee, $.99 in Chicago- you know, wishful thinking. More money in the tank means less money to spend on fun souvineers
    Sounds like Back to the Future to me (1985???) Opps, guess this is a Universal Ride, not a Disney one. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    Honor the past, challenge the present, plan for the future. DVC Owner, WDW 16 trips, DL 5 trips.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

FILL UP IN GEORGIA IF YOU CAN!
    We are pulling a 30' travel trailer behind a tahoe
    Oh dude No! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

I was going through the same dilemma! We are heading back down to WDW in mid-May for another long weekend, and we were going to drive again like we did for our impromptu trip in early March. We love hopping in one of the Camaros and heading on a road trip.

It seemed like a good idea until I looked on Southwest's website. I got two non-stop round trip tix from Philly to Orlando for $98 per person!!! [img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img] Even with tax and fees, it will cost us less to fly than to drive (the Camaro takes the most expensive gas)! Plus, with the time we would have spent driving, we were able to book an extra night and use the same amount of vacation time.

We would drive, but I couldn't pass up that airfare!!!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome [img]smile.gif[/img]

We are taking a 30' Winnebago..can we say GAS HOG? Oh well, there is nothing we can do about it, I'm not going to let it ruin my first ever trip to Disney. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ April 06, 2005, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: crazycp ]
    2 days til' our first WDW trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We just drove back from Florida last sat. The worst gas prices are in Illinois & Florida. Georgia & Tenn. are much lower!
    We invested last year in the book "next exit" & I would not travel without it. We could plan our fuel stops at Truck Stops, which makes it easier for the hubby to pull in. Also, you can see what food places are coming up.
    Have a great trip despite the gas prices-we did!
    1987-off site (Honeymoon)
    1992-off site (5/3 yr. old)
    1995/97/99 FW
    2000-WL
    2001/02/03 -FW
    2005-FW
    2008-FW(still camping w/the kids)
    2009-WL (No Kids!)
    2011-WL
    2012-WL (25th Anniv)
    2015-POFQ
    2017-30th Anniv trip w/kids & grandkids! MK for a day!
    2018-FW in OCT! (camping with MOOSE)

Post Thanks / Like

Gas in the Chicago suburbs is around 2.39 for regular. 10 cent increments after that. I got gas yesterday, spent $15.00 and barely go over a quarter tank. That's just for a minivan. I don't envy filling a truck pulling a trailer. I think I would have to take out a second mortgage.

Have fun on your trip, and a safe drive. Wave when you drive by my house, and enjoy a ride on Space Mountain for me.
    Sharon
    * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * *~ ~ * * ~

Get me there soon or I might just go nuts!

1981 - Polynesian

2002- Wilderness Lodge

2005 - Port Orleans Riverside

2010 - POP Century

2017 in the works

Post Thanks / Like

This morning, gas prices are $2.34 in the Chicago suburbs. I remember that prices are lower the further south you travel, so hopefully that will hold true.

We're making the same drive in June.

BTW - I don't know which route you're using, but taking 57 to 24 to 75 will probably be fast than 294 to 65 to 24 to 75 because of roadwork this summer. Good luck!
    Next trip - New Years 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

If you end up coming through Alabama, I paid $2.17 yesterday at a station just off the interstate a little south of Birmingham. Good Luck!!
    Nov 72 Day trip
    Sep 03 POR
    Feb 04 WL
    May 04 One day/Star Wars weekend
    Oct 04 CSR
    Dec 04 POFQ
    Jul 05 Dolphin & DCL
    Oct 05 Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all so much for your help!! We are planning on takingI94 to I294 in Chicago to I80 to I 57 towards memphis. Merge I24 into nashville. Than our first half is done. Afterwards, back on the road on I24 to I75 into FL I 4. So any construction tips would be great. We are going to get a AAA construction update a week before our trip. Someone said Chicago is bad??? We will be coming through Chicago around midnight will that be better?

Post Thanks / Like

OK. We always stop at the pilot station at exit 4 on I24 in KY. Always reasonable fairly clean restrooms and such. We drive this route every couple of months to get to Nashville and it seems to be the best place. Anywhere in KY or GA will be better than TN. There is not much on 24 between Paducah KY and TN so plan accordingly.

Thanks
    Scott C
    Aug 73 - Jun 74 Off Site
    Jun 75 - Jul 84 Dutch Inn
    Oct 78 - Nov 88 Poly - Honeymoon(88)
    May 97 - May 99 - Jul 00 - Jun 05 - Sep 11
    Sep 16 - Sep18
    Dixie Landings
    Feb 02 CBR
    Feb 03 WL
    Jun 07 POP by MJ
    July 09 POFQ through Magical Journeys