Quantcast Tips for convincing my wife - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

My vote is with your wife too. Since you are travelling with a child you will have so many extras, strollers, etc. I think your family would be more comforatable in the van - besides, it sounds like it really needs to be broken in!

Ah Ha...that's just what I needed. Her mini-van is leather and my car is not. I'll sweat all over her seats and I'm sure she doesn't want that. Thank you r5moores.
    We have leather seats in the Impala and it is not usually a problem in the summer. Ammo for your wife: Any spills (and sweat) are easier to clean up on leather because it is not absorbant! If DD spills her grape juice on your cloth seats - look out!!! [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We do plan to drive at night. I will probably drive 80% of the time. My DD has a reclining car seat which will help with her sleep but I am going to buy a DVD player just in case. Thanks for all the responses. It's been fun but you're not as much help to me as I had hoped. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to have the option of taking our van, but with almost 189,000 miles on it (a 1995 Ford Windstar), it's strictly a local vehicle (or at least it doesn't go any further than Dallas).
    We'll be driving to Daytona Beach from Central Texas, and then on to WDW, so that's a pretty long haul. Our Hyundai Santa Fe isn't nearly as roomy as the van, but it's better than the Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera that we drove to WDW in 2001. I wouldn't want to repeat that drive with that car again!

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by rain:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by r5moores:
    and leather seats in July for 15 hours...NOT gonna happen [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Ah Ha...that's just what I needed. Her mini-van is leather and my car is not. I'll sweat all over her seats and I'm sure she doesn't want that. Thank you r5moores. [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]My SUV has leather seats and I just use a beach towel to cover them in the summer. There, problem solved!
    Nov. '98, DxL
    Nov. '00 DxL
    Nov. '01, ASMo
    Nov. '02, WL
    Dec. '03 PO-R
    Sept. '04, SSR; Nov. '04, OKW
    Aug. '05, SSR; Nov. '05, SSR
    Aug. 06, SSR; Nov. '06, OKW
    June '07, VWL; Nov. '07, SSR
    Aug. '08, AKV; Oct. '08, SSR
    June '09, OKW & AKV; Oct. '09 SSR
    Aug '10, SSR & AKV

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by rain:
    Thanks for all the responses. It's been fun but you're not as much help to me as I had hoped. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    I think the main problem is that you didn't give us anything to work with other than you'd save less than $100.00 by going in a tiny corolla compared to a large minivan. If that is the only benefit, then you'd be better off in the van.
    1973 - Off Site
    1979 - Contemporary Resort
    1983- Off Site
    7/1994 - Port Orleans
    6/2003 - Off Site
    3/2005 - Coronado Springs Resort (5 Nights)
    April/May 2006 - Wilderness Lodge (8 Nights)
    Nov/Dec. 2007- Boardwalk (7 Nights)
    Next Trip: Nov/Dec 2010-Yacht Club (6 Nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry...I too must side with your wife. I also gotta laugh because my hubby has a saying and it goes something like this "Happy wife...Happy life!!!
    ~Nance~
    DVC Members since 8/01 6/85~DI, 2/98~CBR, 1/99~OKW, 4/99~OKW, 2/00~OKW, 6/00~CBR, 1/01~VWL, 2/02~VWL, 8/02~BWV, 1/03~OKW, 3/04~VWL, 10/04~SSR, 5/05~OKW, 8/05~BCV, 3/06~SSR & BCV, 8/06~BWV & BCV, 1/07~SSR & OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with your wife. Take the van you will be glad you did. If you don't take the van be ready to hear I TOLD YOU SO for the next few months.

Kathy

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Sorry I have to agree with your wife here. We live in the Piedmont of NC and it is a 10 hour drive for us. I totally think the large vehicle is better. I know it will cost more in fuel but comfort level is far more important than fuel cost here. You are talking about a 10 hour drive!! Sorry I do usnderstand your pint of view. It is much cheaper to drive your car...but will you have room in your car for everything????? So what is another $100 when you are talking about no ill feelings...comfort...and peace of mind?

Post Thanks / Like

gotta go with DW. when it comes to driving on trips, give me all the room i can get. i do all the driving, my wife is either reading or sleeping. i've driven corrollas and minivans, and i'd want the minivan all day long, don't care how much extra it cost.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: